This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artisan organs

I have just heard demo CD's from Artisan Organs using their "Ranks in a Box" system. Based on the demo, I would have to put it right up there with Marshall & Ogeltree, and Walker. The French examples at the end were very convincing.

Artisan used to use Alesis synth modules for their pipe samples. Now they are using PC's in a box.

Re: Artisan organs

Is this CD something more recent than the 1999 one (Artisan 10155)? On that recording the classical selections were recorded on a pipe organ augmented by the Artisan samples with no indication which voices were pipe and which digital so it was impossible to draw any conclusions.

Have'nt listened to this for awhile, but I don't recall being overwhelmed by the sound of TO samples on this recording.

Comment

This is a newer recording. I emailed tham asking whether this was Artisan only, or was it of a pipe/digital combo. The reply I got was that it was all Artisan. They have two CD's. One for TO and the other for Classical. I am not as much of a devotee of TO's as classical, so I can't give a good assessment of the Theatre Organ CD.

Comment

I don't guess this has much to do with the old Bob Eby tube organ kits.

They were pretty good though.

You just had to have lots of sets of oscillators.

I remember a theater organ with 6 or 7 sets of oscillators and an amp and speaker for each.

And a classical organ with about 8 sets of oscillators, it was pretty good too. Nice ensemble.

Comment

>I don't guess this has much to do with the old Bob Eby tube organ kits.

No, they are now using PC's with lots of memory to store long pipe samples. Earlier they were using Alesis QS-R's to put the pipe samples into, but that was limited in memory capacity.

Comment

Is this the same company that makes the Ahlborn-Galanti (sp?) electronic organs? Do the A-G organs use lighted drawknobs?

I answered my own question. I was thinking of the Ahlborn Archive module.

Comment

Working...
            X