This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen MOS-I Manual

Title says it all. Anyone have an Allen MOS-I manual, or is there one to find online? I'm still having no luck with mine. I unplugged the external speakers, but the internal speakers produce no sound at all. Is there anything tat could have come unplugged or something?

Go to allenorgan.com and join the Allen Owners Club. Once in there, they have a section on owners manuals. The MOS organs covered are:

System 100 to 300(MOS 1)
    System 100 to 300(MOS 2)
    System 400(MOS 1)
    System 600
    John
    Allen MDS-317 at home / Allen AP-16 at Church / Allen ADC-3100 at the stake center

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

These are owners manuals. They do not contain schematics or service information. For that you need a service manual.
        -Admin

Allen 965
        Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
        Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
        Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Hello:I have the MOS 1 service manual,it is large and divided into many sections that cover audio systems,power supplies,dac boards,capture systems,etc.for me to copy this manual would be expensive,its in a 2-1/2" binder with 16 sections,if you know what section you need I could run off a copy of it for you,I used to work for an Allen dealer and had to purchase it.
          Tim K.
          anonimoose

Comment

Thanks for the offer. I would have no clue even where to start. I took another good look today at the organ to see if I could see anything visibly wrong. I couldn't. I'm sure there's something straightforward and easy that I must be missing, but I have no clue where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by oyarsa View Post
              Thanks for the offer. I would have no clue even where to start. I took another good look today at the organ to see if I could see anything visibly wrong. I couldn't. I'm sure there's something straightforward and easy that I must be missing, but I have no clue where to look.
              I know it sounds too simple, but follow the electrons (the electronic path of the sound), either from the speakers through the organ, or from the organ to the speakers. I'm sure you'll find somewhere the connection is broken. Also, did any MOS I organs have a switch that would switch between the Internal/External speakers (like antiphonals would later)? That may answer the question.

Is there any possibility you could take photos of the inside of the organ so some more experienced members may have a quick glance. Perhaps they could see something right off.

Michael
              Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
              • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
              • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
              • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

I will do that. Unfortunately the lighting probably won't be great, but I'll do my best. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm wondering myself if there is a switch, but I sure can't see anything, and I would imagine if there was a switch at least either the external or internal speakers would work, but there's no sound from either.

Comment

Working...
                X