This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New! Rodgers 588 3 Manual

Just announced at the NAMM show is the new Rodgers 588 3 manual organ.

Specifications:
    http://www.rodgersinstruments.com/or...+specification

Video Demos:
    http://www.rodgersinstruments.com/vi...ies+video+page

Initial impressions (though a single tiny PC speaker!) are that it sounds pretty good but I want to hear it properly at home on my surround sound setup. Note that it uses the "Roland SSC" sound engine.

I hate the very cheap and nasty looking stop tabs that look like they've come off a child's electronic toy - apart from that it looks pretty good.

Anyone been to the NAMM show and heard this in person?
    1971 Allen Organ TC-3S (#42904) w/sequential capture system.
    Speakers: x1 Model 100 Gyro, x1 Model 105 & x3 Model 108.

The Pedal needs four more stops (including a 2') to be complete. Ten stops seems to be the divisional limit.

Comment

The organ has any/and all stops you require. There are many organ voices in the built in organ stops via midi. You can have anything from a 2' stop to a 64' stop.
      See and hear this instrument to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by nullogik View Post
        I hate the very cheap and nasty looking stop tabs that look like they've come off a child's electronic toy - apart from that it looks pretty good.
        If those are the same tabs (and pistons) that they ran on the early 90s C-series Rodgers "Classic keyboards", then yes, they are dreadful. Although the tabs are reliable (except for the lightbulb) they are ugly and cheap feeling. The pistons work for a certain amount of uses. The original setter didn't last 8 years, and the original general cancel didn't last 10...although I must say since their replacement, they've both stayed in place, so perhaps they have improved that. It still does have a VERY cheap feel to it though.

The more important part though, the sound, I would like to hear it in person, or at least a better quality recording. My home surround system doesn't quite do it justice, as the recording seems very compressed, or done through a microphone that wasn't up to the task (likely, both). Has this new Roland technology in the budget instruments trickled over to the big instruments yet? Because frankly, it's slightly absurd if it hasn't, and makes anybody who keeps up on this think it's not worth buying any of their bigger instruments.

I must say though, for home use, they seem to be producing brilliant little instruments. Good recordings of those c-330s and that line do sound quite good.

Comment

It's interesting that's there's almost a 1/2 of an MX-200 built in.

Comment

Working...
          X