Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's this Lowrey classical organ AGO? Any good? Tube or SS?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this Lowrey classical organ AGO? Any good? Tube or SS?

What is this Lowrey model ? How old? Tubes? Solid state? Sound good/bad/average? What sort of amp/speaker arrangement inside?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lowrey classical 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	607894Click image for larger version

Name:	Lowrey classical.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	607895
    Wurlitzer '46' Model 31 Orgatron & 310 rotary cab, 56' 4410 , 65' 4300
    Hammond '55' S6 Chord Organ,HR-40,ER-20, 1971 X66/& 12-77 tone cabinet w/ 122 kit & TREK Transposer- of which I've retrofitted a Wurlitzer/Lowrey 'PedAL gLIdE' awesome!
    Gulbransen 61' 1132 '76' Rialto II & Leslie 705 + two 540
    Conn '57' 406 Caprice '59' 815 Classic (the 29th 815)
    PLEASE SAVE THE WURLITZER ELECTROSTATIC CONTINUOUS-FREE-REED ORGANS 1953'-1961' Hammond TW's ONLY TRUE COMPETITOR! (Ggl> NSHOS WURLI 4600)

That is an instrument built by RODGERS for Lowery. They did this for a short time. I believe this would have been in the 60's, but I could be wrong. It would be a solid-state instrument using typical RODGERS amps. It has been a long time since I have seen one, but if memory serves me correctly, they were similar to the original specification 110. Hope this helps

Comment

I played a Lowery in a music shop in Atlanta years ago that looked just like this picture and I agree with skinnerfan. That particular organ in the shop had some issue with the swell pedal as I recall but at the time I thought it sounded ok. I can't recall now what the model number was.
      Allen T 12B

Comment

One Lowrey built by Rogers was the C32. There was an extensive discussion of that under that name. Transistors, individual tank oscillators. There was not a picture on that thread.
        city Hammond H-182 organ (2 ea),A100,10-82 TC, Wurlitzer 4500, Schober Recital Organ, Steinway 40" console , Sohmer 39" pianos, Ensoniq EPS, ; country Hammond H112

Comment

Helpful hint: When viewing a thread you can scroll down and find a list of related threads that the forum automatically finds for you. Sure enough, the thread that indianjo is referring to is in the list for this thread.
          -Admin

Allen 965
          Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
          Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
          Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Working...
          X