This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP!!! EMERGENCY!!! Someone cut all the cables on our allen MOS -600

A stupid electrician (a retired elderly man who does a lot of volunteer work for the Church) has cut all the cables from the organ to the amp rack in the basement and from the amp rack to the speakers, and has removed several cables inside the console!!!!!! HE thought he was trying to help me (I had volunteered to move the console from the main floor and back up to the gallery), but now I don't know what went where!

Does anyone know of a way I can get access to the service manuals for this old girl? The church can't afford what it would cost to get the allen rep out here to fix this mess and Allen HQ won't even talk to me about it !!!!

We have a wedding on Satruday, and the bride is going to be crushed.:'(

I need a copy of them somehow for this project! can anyone help?

It never dawned on him that maybe some simple electricians numbering tape could have made this problem never happen in the first place?. If you don't have the slightest inclin of amp wiring to and from organ as well as speakers then you will have to call out somebody. I don't think in this case it has to be a Allen tech per say but somebody in the organ field who has done amp wire ups before. Good luck!

""A stupid electrician (a retired elderly man who does a lot of volunteer work for the Church) has cut all the cables from the organ to the amp rack in the basement and from the amp rack to the speakers, and has removed several cables inside the console!!!!!!""

Comment

A service manual would be of no use to you in this situation, but it should be fairly simple to get the organ playing again. The cables going to the amp inputs should look different than those coming out to the speakers. Match like wire to like wire. The sounds may not come out of the same speakers as before, but you should get sound and you can sort out the channel configuration later. Wires inside the console are another problem.

It's unlikely that anyone not on site will be able to help you any further than this, although posting some pictures of the cut wires at the amp rack and in and out of the console might help.
      -Admin

Allen 965
      Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
      Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
      Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

You poor fellow. Is there someone reliable you could call in your geographic area? I'd help if I was close to you, but not sure how much help I'd be.

Best of luck.

Michael
        Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
        • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
        • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
        • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Hi,

Where are you located? I know quite a few techs around, especially ones in Canada. This is the kind of problem which is not difficult to sort out.

The 600, is likely to have 4 signal lines going out and a trigger line to turn the amp rack on. Make sure that the signal cables are coaxial, and polarity is observed. Coaxial cable is important here for either impedance or capacitance reasons. Not doing so will result in 120 db of noise.

At the speaker output end of things, it should be even easier. If the is an extra bass channel, make sure that the channel from the organ that has the 16' bass stops on it going to that channel.

AV

Comment

Hello.
            We need to know where you are.
            ARCT suggests it may be close to Toronto.

Dave
            EVERY DAY IS SATURDAY!
            ROLAND CLASSIC C-330 IN MY LIVING ROOM

Comment

Working...
            X