Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allen 225RTC - anyone know about these ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen 225RTC - anyone know about these ?

Hi all, I thought I knew Allen's model numbering system fairly well, but there is a model 225RTC available sorta near me, and I'm not sure what generation of technology it is. I'm thinking it is a MOS1 or 2 system ? Seems to have plenty of pistons for a small two manual; are they programmable ? Here is the ad text :

"Allen digital organ model 225RTC The organ was recently serviced in Nov. 2011 and appraised at $3,500. wholesale ($4,900. retail) All functions are 100%. Organ has DAC4 & DM4 upgrades. Two small external speakers added and comes with it. No warranty. Best offer"

I'm not going to offer anywhere near the prices mentioned, but I would like to know more about the model before contacting them.

I don't believe I have ever seen the RTC designation before. What might that mean ?

Looks like it has an AGO pedalboard. And it is in one of the trim-line or contemporary style consoles.

Does anyone have a stoplist for it ? Or a photo ( a good one, not like the ones in this ad ! ) of the stoptabs ?

Any help or advice, or experiences, will be appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 !!! ), E-5AR, FX-1 ( X 2 !! ), US-1, EL-25 ( Chopped ). Allen 601D, ADC 6000D. Lowrey CH32-1. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with Vista ), Allen L123 ( with Navigator ). Rodgers 755. 1919 Wangerin 2/7 pipe organ.

Hi, Larry;

Here is what's on my List:
    ALLEN 225 1981 DI 32 2 man. MOS-2 technology

. . Jan

Comment

Thank you Jan,

That is helpful information. I should have looked at your list before posting, but I was tired last night, and sort of forgot where I have it saved.

Lots of questions remain though : I see it has a card reader and a stack of cards; are MOS 1&2 cards the same ? Pretty sure ADC cards are different ?

In the ad it states that they "added two small external speakers" , does that imply there are speakers in the console ? Can't tell from those Wonderful photos they supplied ! Would I be able to use a pair of HC15 speakers with this, for installing in a small ( ish ) to medium size room, without needing extra amps ?

What do both the DAC4 and DM4 upgrades consist of ? I'm thinking the DAC4 is something to do with the Digital to Analog Converters ? And the DM4 is either more digital memory ?, or perhaps a 4 position piston memory upgrade ( from 1 or 2 ) ?

I presume this will be a 2 channel instrument ? That will be fine for the place I have in mind for it. I figure I would need those expression pedal isolators ( from Harrison Labs, or somewhere ) to be able to easily install a reverb unit ? I'm sorta figuring on an Alessis Nanoverb for it, If it does not have built in reverb. The church may not really need additional reverb, because the room is really nice and live already, but I would like the option of having it there, installed and not needing it.

I figure this one will not have many ( if any ) couplers, but I think I can make out both Swell to Ped and Great to Ped ones in the photo ? Probably it might not have Swell to Great ?

I really need to find the stoplist for this one. I think I make out a Gt Mixture IV on the photos ? I need a 16' reed in the pedal ( and 8' & 4' too, but that can be couplers as well ) and I'd really like 16', 8' & 4' reeds on the Swell, plus an independent Swell Mixture .

I'm asking all the questions here before I make contact with the current owner ( a church that no longer has need of it ) , because I have a feeling that no one there will know much about it. It is about 4-5 hours away from me, so I can't just drop in and check it out easily. If I go that far, it will be to bring it home.

I'm looking to get this for a church I play semi regularly for, up here in central WI rural country, because I CAN"T STAND having to play an old Baldwin 720T that has issues ( issues beyond just being what it is ) that are not worth the trouble to delve into fixing.

Photos of the church attached.

Thanks everyone, more info and details will be appreciated.
      Attached Files
      Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 !!! ), E-5AR, FX-1 ( X 2 !! ), US-1, EL-25 ( Chopped ). Allen 601D, ADC 6000D. Lowrey CH32-1. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with Vista ), Allen L123 ( with Navigator ). Rodgers 755. 1919 Wangerin 2/7 pipe organ.

Comment

Hi Larry,

Check out these links...hope they help.

http://www.musiciansbuyline.com/clas...l-225-1768.htm

http://www.larryblackburnchurchorgan...ps.html#MOS225

http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...r-church/page2
        Rick B.

Allen R-311D
        Baldwin Cinema II (214DR)
        Gulbransen Pacemaker
        Yamaha Clavinova CVP-209
        Nord C2 w/ PK27 pedals and Behringer K3000FX amp

Comment

Hey Rick,

Thanks for those links ! Very helpful indeed. I guess my searching skills are not quite up to par; I did some searching last night, but did not find those links.

I'm liking this organ more and more for that church, as I think it would be an ideal spec and size. Not to mention that it would be a Real Church Organ, and sound like one.

I've now sent the current owner an e-mail expressing some interest, and asking for better photos and so on. I will update when I hear back ( supposing I do, that is; you know how people will post things for sale and then not respond ! ) from them.

What is the collective wisdom here regarding a fair price for this one, in today's used organ market ? I now know several folks at that church that are the "movers and shakers " of the congregation, so I may be able to find the funds for it with one or two people making a donation. I will want them to also cover my expenses to go get it, as it would be an all day affair and a 520 miles round trip.

I'm not actually looking to make money on the deal for myself; I just want them to get a decent organ for me to play. Yeah, sorta selfish I guess, but whatever. I will contribute the time and effort to locate it, get it moved, and install it.
          Regards, Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larrytow View Post
            Thank you Jan,

Lots of questions remain though : I see it has a card reader and a stack of cards; are MOS 1&2 cards the same ? Pretty sure ADC cards are different ?
            MOS 1 & 2 cards are the same.

What do both the DAC4 and DM4 upgrades consist of ? I'm thinking the DAC4 is something to do with the Digital to Analog Converters ? And the DM4 is either more digital memory ?, or perhaps a 4 position piston memory upgrade ( from 1 or 2 ) ?
            DAC4 is the digital to analog converter. I believe 4 is the last revision they manufactured. DM4 would be the combination action memory. I believe that the 4 in this case denotes the number of divisions supported.

I presume this will be a 2 channel instrument ? That will be fine for the place I have in mind for it. I figure I would need those expression pedal isolators ( from Harrison Labs, or somewhere ) to be able to easily install a reverb unit ? I'm sorta figuring on an Alessis Nanoverb for it, If it does not have built in reverb. The church may not really need additional reverb, because the room is really nice and live already, but I would like the option of having it there, installed and not needing it.
            Most, if not all, of the MOS2 models have line amp outs and would not need the Harrison Labs isolators. I'm not sure, but being the smallest of the MOS2 line, the 225 may be an exception. I'll need to check this for you when I have the documentation in front of me.

I figure this one will not have many ( if any ) couplers, but I think I can make out both Swell to Ped and Great to Ped ones in the photo ? Probably it might not have Swell to Great ?
            Because of limited polyphony couplers on these organs can be a mixed blessing.

I really need to find the stoplist for this one. I think I make out a Gt Mixture IV on the photos ? I need a 16' reed in the pedal ( and 8' & 4' too, but that can be couplers as well ) and I'd really like 16', 8' & 4' reeds on the Swell, plus an independent Swell Mixture .

I probably have a stop list, but you'll have to wait until later today when I get home and can check.
            -Admin

Allen 965
            Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
            Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
            Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Hi Admin,

Thanks for the advice. No need to search out a stoplist for it later; Rick provided one in one of the links he posted above.
              Regards, Larry

Comment

Working...
              X