This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do?

I'm wanting to upgrade from my Rodgers c-505 to a new or used digital 2 or preferably 3 manual organ. Ive been offered:

Johannus Excellent III 1996 floor model. Wooden tracker keyboards, approx 70 stops,cabinet/glass closure, nice looking dark oak cabiinetry
    Wooden shoes, no speakers included. $8,000

Also

Johannus Rembrandt 3900 2002 floor model. American and baroque voicing, 24 bit sound, uses intonation 4.0 software, internal 9 channel mixer, 9 self-contained amps, also without speakers, 77 ranks 64 stops, plastic keys. etc etc $10,000.

Is the current technology of either the Roland c-330 (2 man) or johannus opus 37 or even the Viscount physys cl4 so far ahead of these older johannuses as to make them undesireable

(I can budget approximately $10,000. And I have adequate sound equipment to maximise either organ's output.)

Or are either of these Johannuses a good deal and have a good reputation although 10-13 yrs old now?

I liked playing the Rembrandt 3900, the case was okay and the build quality was just okay. The chorus was nice ,solos and reeds also nice to my ear.

I hope you read this Arie, I like your critiques.

Additionally, this is a defunct dealer and I doubt i'd get any kind of warranty.

What do you members think??

Thanks,
    Jesse
    Jesse Hargus
    Portland, OR

Those prices do not appear to reflect the status of the seller. An "As-is" going-out-of-business sale would seem to command steeper discounts. Someone will hopefully correct me if those prices aren't close to full retail for organs from the nineties or ten years old. I mean, aren't these things like luxury cars regarding depreciation? Those two makes aren't terribly expensive to begin with, compared to Allen and Rodgers, correct?
    Roland Atelier AT-90s, AT-80s, AT-70, 30, and 15. Roland VR-760 combo
    Yamaha S-90, Kurzweil PC-3x, Casio Privia PX-330, Roland E-80, G-70, BK-5, Leslie 760, 820
    Moved on:
    Allen 3MT/Hauptwerk, Technics GA1, Yamaha HX1, AR80, numerous Hammonds, including 2 M's, an L, 2 A-100's, XP-2, XM-1/1c, & an XK-3. Roland Atelier AT-30, 60r, 80, & 20r(2 units), and a slew of Leslies (147, 142, 760, 900, 330).
    Korg Triton Le-61, Casio Privia PX-310 & 110, and Kurzweils: PC-2x, SP-88, Pro-III, K1000

Comment

Hi,

Just to say among other things, I will be working on a Rodgers C-505 today. I don't have time to fully address your concerns, other than to say, the latest is not always the greatest, good audio is a critical part of the overall sound quality, and setup and voicing can make or break whether you end up with a satisfactory or unsatisfactory musical result.

AV

Comment

100% agree with Arie!! And let me add....That $150,000 sound system in your church is as good as the 100% volunteer back there running it!

Comment

Im moving this to the how much is it worth forum to try and get to an offer amount trot these organs.
          Jesse Hargus
          Portland, OR

Comment

Working...
          X