This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rodgers E-100

Oh come on! surely SOMEONE out there knows something about it!

Re: Rodgers E-100

Never heard of it. Are you sure it isn't a C-100? That was a classic keyboard of Rodgers, and is as close to E-100 as I've ever seen.

Maybe no one knows anything about it because it never existed?

Toodles.

Comment

Haha, no I'm very sure it's an E-100 I'm talking about...

Strange...

Comment

You sure it's not a Hammond E-100? Rodgers doesn't list an E-100.

Their "100" models are:

Specification 100
        Jamestown 100
        LDS Organette 100
        Classical Keyboard C-100
        Digital Sequencer PR-100

Their organs with "E" were early Theatre models, E for Entertainment: 22E, 33E, 34E, 36E.

Toodles.

Comment

No, I know it's not a Hammond.

Maybe it's either a specifiction 100 or a Jamestown 100.

Anyone know anything about those models?

And thanks for the info Toodles!

Comment

Oh, found some stuff on NYCFarmboy's site about the Jamestown:

http://www.nycfarmboy.com/rodgers100.html

:)

Comment

my thoughts on my jamestown 100.... so so ho hum organ at best......ok as a practice instrument. limited resources.. few usable string stops, same with reeds..very lacking.

descent gedeckts, diapasons are nasally.... my fav stop on it is the gemshorn/Gemshorn celeste.

drawbacks: no midi, no combination action (there are 3 general combination tabs, a soft, medium & forte tab for quick registration on the fly to hammer thru hymns during a service or whatever but it is very limiting.

You'll see some piston settings on the photos of my Jamestown 100..those are actually just presets for tuning the organ up or down to match a vocalist etc. Odd arrangement for that in my opinion.

fine for a practice organ though. Mine has alot of issues...pedals don't play evenly...also someone gutted the inside speakers and replaced them with external Allen speakers which work but I"m not sure how much the tone produced by the organ I have represents what Rodgers intended..so who knows.

If you want the classic early 70's Rodgers marvelous warm sound get one with more resources such as the 750 tab model..
              or the 330/660/990 models...drawknobs or tabs. I have a 550 American Classic.. it is a wonderful organ with amazing resources.. but weighs half a ton and is a real ordeal to move. The 330/660/990 models weigh less as they don't use solid Walnut like on the 550...but I believe the 990 does have more stops/tonal resources.

my 2 cents: there are much better organs out there than the Jamestown 100 unless you are just looking for a AGO full pedal practice organ and don't mind the limited resources.

Comment

Haha, I like those "soft", "medium" and "forte" tabs!

Just like the pp, p, mp, etc buttons on a Johannus!

:)

Comment

Working...
                X