Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally took possession of the Allen MOS1 601D organ!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally took possession of the Allen MOS1 601D organ!

Hey All, I finally got the Allen 601-D out of the church a couple of days ago! :-> Actually I should say 'they' [the church folks] got it out of the church...they were so desperate to have the spaces where the console, speakers, and amplifier cabinet were in for Christmas decorations, etc. THEY PAID [I'll have to reimburse them for it though] to have it moved to a nearby storage unit where it is now sitting until I can arrange to get it up the mountains and into my house! I got a call from the moving guys [the same ones that moved the organ in originally many, many years ago] as I was on the way down there and they told me to meet them at the storage place so I never got to see it removed from the church much less be able to take pictures of the removal. :-( [Sorry Larry] Anyway, it's sitting in a 5X7 storage unit on the 7th floor of an old brick/concrete eight storey factory building converted to storage units just east of downtown Denver. Jerry, who had been the contact person during this whole process, told me that all the wires were properly labeled and that I shouldn't have any problem hooking everything back up once I get it situated at home. Well it's halfway there after waiting the last few months; now just a little more waiting and I'll finally have the instrument that I'd always wanted!! Unfortunately to be able to get everything to fit in that small storage unit, the four speakers were placed on top of the console so I can't get the serial number right now to learn the history of this particular Allen organ from AOC. :'( Luckily, these movers were very, very careful not to scratch the console finish or the finish on everything else, speakers, amp cabinet, bench. As soon as I can, I'll have pictures posted ASAP!

Merry Christmas to Everyone and may you have a Happy New Year!!
    Last edited by dswasley; 12-23-2012, 11:05 PM. Reason: modifications
    Don

No longer the owner of an Allen system 601-D MOS 1 church organ!! :'(

Congratulations on your acquisition, and may it provide you with many years of enjoyment!

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Thanks, myorgan [Michael]! I'm looking forward to playing this for many years, too!! Now all I need to do is get a UPS so I can protect it from surges and spikes and keep the memories for the presets when the power's out....
      Don

No longer the owner of an Allen system 601-D MOS 1 church organ!! :'(

Comment

Originally posted by dswasley View Post
        Thanks, myorgan [Michael]! I'm looking forward to playing this for many years, too!! Now all I need to do is get a UPS so I can protect it from surges and spikes and keep the memories for the presets when the power's out....
        Don,

Allen makes an Allen surge supressor. I've put them on all my Allens.

Michael
        Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
        • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
        • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
        • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Working...
        X