This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Organ HC-12 woofer foam surround

I have nine HC-12 15" speaker foam surrounds that have dry rotted. Has anyone found a source of the replacement surrounds? I have looked at Parts Express but cound not determine which one if any would work.
    There are four of the midrange surrounds bad also. Thanks for any help you can give.

I used these from SpeakerWorks.com for the woofers. Note these are for 15 inch speakers with 12 1/4" cones. I originally ordered the non Cerwin-Vega surrounds for 12" cones but they did not fit. You'll want to measure to be sure what your requirements are.

It's difficult to say, because the original surronds were crumbling to pieces, but the C-V surrounds might be a little stiffer than the originals and that might affect the speaker resonance and therefore the bass response of the cabinet. That said, these were improvement over the decayed ones.:-)

There's good information on the site on how to choose the correct replacement surrounds and they are good people to deal with, having exchanged my wrongly sized surrounds without charge or hassell.

The mid-drivers are Peerless KO-40's. I did not have to replace the surrounds on these, but you should be able to make the appropriate measurements and find a suitable replacement. Another source of information on the KO-40's, as well as replacement surrounds, is Speaker Exchange.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

I have a fellow who has replaced about 6-8 of my woofer surrounds, and about 3-4 mid-ranges. If you'd like, I can call him to see if he's willing to divulge his source. They are all working great.

Let me know if you'd like for me to make the call.

Michael
      Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
      • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
      • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
      • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

If you call or email Parts Express tech support they can probably help you choose the right replacement surround.

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the offer. Please check for his supplier and better yet, see what he will charge to do the 15" speakers. I have several customers that need this done. Thanks much. Mike W. Mount

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks much. Had forgot about speakerworks. Thanks again. Mike

Comment

Mike,

Where are you located ? I know the owner of a great shop here in Waukesha WI, that did some refoam jobs for me on HC-12 15" woofers. I would figure they do mids as well.
            Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 !!! ), E-5AR, FX-1 ( X 2 !! ), US-1, EL-25 ( Chopped ). Allen 601D, ADC 6000D. Lowrey CH32-1. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with Vista ), Allen L123 ( with Navigator ). Rodgers 755. 1919 Wangerin 2/7 pipe organ.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipeorganbuilder View Post
              Thanks for the offer. Please check for his supplier and better yet, see what he will charge to do the 15" speakers. I have several customers that need this done. Thanks much. Mike W. Mount
              Mike,

I sent you a PM with the contact information about my speaker surround guy. If anyone else would like the information, please send me a private message. Just today, he has given me permission to provide his contact in formation to those on this Forum who could use his services. He is willing to receive and ship speakers, and his prices are good too! I've been using his since 2005 and have had no troubles yet on any of my organs.

Michael

P.S. I provide the information privately so Google doesn't pick up and distribute his contact information.
              Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
              • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
              • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
              • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Working...
              X