This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wurlitzer Church Organ

I have a friend with a later Wurlitzer Church organ (probably Viscount from Italy). When moved a few months ago the ribbon cable connector for the pedal assembly was lost. Does anyone know of a replacement source or if some generic cable connector can be substituted. Appreciate any help since the pedal tones are completely disabled presently. Hoping JBird or someone servicing churches have some information. Thanks!

Hi,

Would need the model number to help you here. If it is a Viscount re-badge I can probably help you.

Cheers...........AV

Comment

Thanks, Arie. The owner doesn't have a clue. I've checked under the keydesk and didn't find anything there. I tried calling the selling store but the salesman I know won't be in until tomorrow. If nothing else I will pay another visit to the instrument and check the back. It appears to be something from the Associated Organ Builder days with the lighted stop tabs. According to web information they offered 12 models divided between Baldwin and Wurlitzer badges. There is a single ribbon coming from the front of the organ. The expression pedal is mounted right on the pedalboard. Owner believes she has had the organ more than 5 years so she wasn't confident that the saleman still has any transaction paper. We can see the impression of the pin connections in the ribbon but can't apply enough pressure to the remaining "seat" portion of the connection to complete the circuit.

Comment

Late update. I've been able to connect with Viscount service and they'll be able to supply the ribbon cable once I learn the model number. I'm finding some negative comments about purchasing these used organs in my research but in this case there is plenty of factory support! Great news for those who need a low cost practice instrument.

Comment

Working...
        X