X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galanti Praeludium II

Hello,

I was looking at this as a Hauptwerk organ, and I was wondering what the MIDI Capabilities of it are.

also I read about a simulated tracker action, is that any good?

And in terms of sound quality how is it?

Thanks.

The Praeludium II had decent voicing for its era--I owned one, and never found that to be lacking, but it is a small stoplist.
    MIDI is Note On/Off only, separate channels for pedal, swell, great. I thought the "simulated tracker action" was non-existent--but it did have a clean action, just no noticeable "top-heaviness".

Console construction is not the strongest, but how hardy do you need that to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Philip11 View Post
      And in terms of sound quality how is it?
      Which is its age? Here you can listen to a recent one.

Comment

Hi,

This organ model dates from 1986 to about 1993. Later ones were better built than the early ones.

The sound quality was amazing for the time on many of the stops. The ensemble was not great as all the tone generator devices were run on the same clock line, and everything was run through 2 channels.

The recording alluded to, is of a much more current Ahlborn organ. Shouldn't really be compared. My guess is if left to the internal speakers, and no voicing on the newer one, that the older model in some ways would not sound inferior to the newer one. But if one puts on multi-cahnnel audio, and voices it up to it's potential, the new one would would be much better.

AV

Comment

Originally posted by Gemshoorn View Post
          Which is its age? Here you can listen to a recent one.
          I believe it was made in '89.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Philip11 View Post
            I believe it was made in '89.
            In that case you should take into consideration the summary posted previously by arie v. The PII I linked to is a current organ featuring the DRAKE processor.

Comment

I have original service schematic sets for both the Praeludium I and II for sale from my collection. If interested, PM or email me at [email protected]

. . . Jan

Comment

I am bringing home a Praeludium tomorrow. When I figure out which I have I will check out your price for the one I need. Since I will be doing some modifications any tech info available will be helpful.

mike
                If it is Caesar that you worship, then Caesar you shall serve.

Comment

Thanks,

using a MIDI Keyboard to test Hauptwerk I've noticed a very present buzz when I play with more than a few stops on and on certain stops the buzz louder I've upgraded and that helped but it is still quite annoying.
                  also it's not the speakers because using headphones doesn't make a difference

EDIT: Never mind I fixed it what was wrong was I had the Speaker Level in Hauptwerk too high now it sounds magnificent!

Also looking at descriptions of this Organ it says there's a Personal Computer Port does anyone know what kind of PC Port?
                  Last edited by Philip11; 03-28-2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Also does anyone have the owners manual for this?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X