This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galanti Praeludium II, Piston MIDI?

Hello I recently brought home a Galanti PII and I was looking at the MIDI signals through MIDI-OX and when I press General piston 1 I get this from MIDI-OX

TIMESTAMP IN PORT STATUS DATA1 DATA2 CHAN NOTE EVENT
    000019EF 2 -- C0 00 -- 1 --- PC: Acc. Grand Piano
    000019F0 2 -- C1 00 -- 2 --- PC: Acc. Grand Piano
    000019F1 2 -- C2 00 -- 3 --- PC: Acc. Grand Piano
    000019F1 2 -- C3 00 -- 4 --- PC: Acc. Grand Piano

Anyway so I tried to get Hauptwerk to recognize it by automatically detecting it, nothing.

So is there anyway to get Hauptwerk to recognize it?

Thanks.

Phillip;

In case you need it, I have a set of original schematics published by Galanti Organ Builders, for sale from my collection. Email me at [email protected] if interested.

. . . Jan
    the OrganGrinder

Comment

I don't know what those MIDI messages mean or what they're supposed to do, but when my Rodgers MX-200 is connected to the PII at church, pressing any piston changes up whatever voice I had preset for the swell. It doesn't affect the great or pedal channels of the MX, only channel 1 (which is the swell on a PII).

The only way I've found to use the MX with the PII is to mute channel 1 and use it only for adding voices to the great and pedal.
      John
      ----------
      *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

It's sending program change messages on channels 1 - 4. The fact that it's sending messages on multiple channels might be confusing the auto-detect. You might try configuring Hauptwerk manually rather than relying on the auto-detect. I'm not sure that Hauptwerk will allow you to use these messages, however. I'd suggest you post your question on the Hauptwerk site.
        -Admin

Allen 965
        Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
        Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
        Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

I got it working, I set Hauptwerk to detect a program change and set the program number to match the piston now it works quite well.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X