X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for information on a Baldwin Model 11

Hey guys!

I'm (obviously) new here and with the recent acquisition of a D.H. Baldwin Model 11 electronic church organ, I'd like to get to know it and you fine folks.

Does anybody have any kind of year ranges that the Model 11 was produced? It came with a massive 'Tone Cabinet' as well that is in really nice shape (so far, I haven't tried to put any music through it yet, it just looks nice).

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Check out our archives for technician Robert Spoon. He is an expert repairman for vintage Baldwins and has many service manuals if you are going to maintain the organ DIY. When new the 11 was top of the product line! Several out of print repair guide books show up on Ebay of Amazon from time to time which would you walk you through the entire design of the organ.

Comment

Hello, psycho;

Here is the skinny from my Electronic Organ Reference list:
      BALDWIN 11 introduced in 1962, used Transistor freq. divider generators A32 2 AGO console

The Model 11 tech manual is large, so be prepared to spend some money (sorry, I no longer have that manual for sale).

. . . Jan
      the OrganGrinder

Comment

Chris, I played one for quite some time years ago. It was a *fine* organ and had beautiful tone. I think you will have the "usual" problems of an organ of that vintage.
        Gerre Hancock recorded it in the '60s when he was working in Cincinnati. It was an old 11 without the celeste stops and flute chiff- nonetheless, it was a fine sounding recording.
        Baldwin had "variable contact" keyswitches- you may want to check with John Birdsong about whether to expect problems with them. We had problems with them even back then, however it was a church only a few miles from the massive Philly oil refineries, so perhaps they were fine in a normal location.
        R, Bill Miller
        Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post
        Hey guys!

I'm (obviously) new here and with the recent acquisition of a D.H. Baldwin Model 11 electronic church organ, I'd like to get to know it and you fine folks.

Does anybody have any kind of year ranges that the Model 11 was produced? It came with a massive 'Tone Cabinet' as well that is in really nice shape (so far, I haven't tried to put any music through it yet, it just looks nice).

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Comment

I have the sales brochure for the Model 11. If you would like it, I can scan and email it to you.

Comment

Solid info so far!

I'd love to see that brochure if you don't mind sending it. I'll PM you my email.

Comment

A few pictures of it fresh off the trailer and into the garage. I'll put a bit of a clean to it this weekend and try plugging it in. When it was put into storage it was working - the church I got it from just couldn't afford an organist anymore, so I believe it might just work!

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	587864Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	587865Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	587866Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	587867

Comment

Thank you Horseshoe for the brochure, very cool.

Comment

Working...
                X