This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldwin Electronic Organ Model #125B Question

Hi, I'm not a musical person in the slightest sense but I've acquired this Organ and to me at least it sounds great. I was wondering how much one of these would sell for? Also how old is the Model 125B? It is a pretty piece and seems to of been well taken care of but the wife is not gonna let me keep it so any help as to value/age or where you could possibly sell would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

That model, the 125B "Bravo" was first introduced in 1972 and was kept in the Baldwin line until 1974.

Value depends on where you live: there are pockets of organ players/enthusiasts in the USA (Florida comes to mind) and in the U. K. In any case, you are not going to realize much out of selling it, so take some lessons and play it.

. . . Jan
    the OrganGrinder

Comment

If it has 32 pedals in AGO pattern (curved) and a bench that fits over them, Salvation Army charges $150. I think a Hamilton might have gone in the dumpster at that price, it sat there for a couple of months. Too big to fit in my door. the bench can go for $125 on E-bay.
      25 pedals or less, since Baldwin has been bankrupt, you are lucky if you don't have to pay to have it hauled away. Exceptions in Eastern Europe, Turkey, and Southeast Asia. There aren't many used organs there and enthusiasts can get unskilled repair labor very cheaply. New organs are being sold in Southeast Asia, the demand is so high. I'm not saying it was a bad model, just that there is no status about old Baldwin organs, like there is about old Baldwin pianos.
      Jan's age of the organ indicates it is pretty easily repaired by amateurs. If you ever wanted to learn on one, you should be able to keep this going forever with parts you get at electronic distributors. My wife knew I was a musician before she married me. 2 pianos, 6 organs a huge hifi system and 1500 albums comes as part of the package. I might pare down to 3 organs some day, but not today. when the subject comes up, I point out that real men have a bass boat. A hole in the water into which you pour money. The whole organ hobby has cost less than $500, or about $.50 an hour so far.
      Last edited by indianajo; 07-03-2013, 08:34 AM.
      city Hammond H-182 organ (2 ea),A100,10-82 TC, Wurlitzer 4500, Schober Recital Organ, Steinway 40" console , Sohmer 39" pianos, Ensoniq EPS, ; country Hammond H112

Comment

Thanks for the respones! I'm not looking to get rich or nothing off of it, I don't have much in it anyways. I picked it up because it seemed like a good deal but the wife says we don't have room for it. I would think I could get something for it since it is a decorative looking item if nothing else but it also plays great. Unfortunately though it isn't the curved pattern, so it might be kind of a hard sell.. I live in Texas and while I have seen Organs in Churches all my life, I can't say that I've ever been to a house with one so I take it might not be in the highest demand around here. Thanks for ya'lls help though!

Comment

I think some of the church schools like SMU, TCU, HBU, others, have organ teachers. The students might like a practice organ with 32 pedals if it would fit through an apartment door. (<32" deep usually without pedals). Try advertising around those places. If you can haul it in your truck with 3 or 4 student helpers, you can charge even more.
          city Hammond H-182 organ (2 ea),A100,10-82 TC, Wurlitzer 4500, Schober Recital Organ, Steinway 40" console , Sohmer 39" pianos, Ensoniq EPS, ; country Hammond H112

Comment

Working...
          X