Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Master list of Allen Organ models of the 70's - 90' with details?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davidecasteel View Post
    According to the list, an Allen 224 was a 2-manual MOS-2 instrument with AGO pedals and 22 pistons. That model was introduced in 1981. I'm not sure what the "RTC" indicated (Tone Card Reader?).

David.
    David, I'm pulling deep from my memory about RTC. I think it indicated a Roll Top Console. Allen

Comment

Trying my best to narrow my choices down to two particular models of interest,...ADC-1140,...or an MDS-6! Both have built-in audio,..which is what I need for my small living room,...space is limited. I'm not in a major hurry,...just waiting patiently for any of these organs to pop up. There MIGHT be room for two external speakers,...MAYBE! My living room has thick carpet,so I am sure this will affect how well the organ will sound in my living room,...so I'm not going to blame the organ for dry acoustics! That being said,...should I have it voiced to the room? I know NOTHING about how to voice an organ!
      No organ at this time!

Comment

I believe "RTC" = roll top, contemporary console, the plain "C" console being contemporary with fall board (folding lid cover).

Comment

Originally posted by Dewey643 View Post
          There MIGHT be room for two external speakers,...MAYBE!
          If you have room for two speakers, you have room for four. If your ceiling is 8' high, you can fit 5 speakers on top of each other lying on their sides. As already stated, if they're on top of each other, they will fit 2-high. If you have 9' ceilings, you may be able to fit 3-high, and the footprint on the carpet is only 18"2.

Originally posted by Dewey643 View Post
          My living room has thick carpet,so I am sure this will affect how well the organ will sound in my living room,...so I'm not going to blame the organ for dry acoustics! That being said,...should I have it voiced to the room? I know NOTHING about how to voice an organ!
          We'll wait until you get the organ of your choice. The voicing will be similar, but there will be differences based on the technology involved. It's not as scary as it sounds. I do all my organs.

Michael
          Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
          • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
          • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
          • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Comment

"RTC" is roll top console, a designation on the later contemporary AGO consoles because most of them didn't have a roll top.

Comment

Working...
            X