This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers Model 110 speaker problems

Hello, I have a problem with my Rodgers Model 110. I have recently purchased some speakers and hooked them up as follows to the output sockets...one speaker to the Diapason output, one speaker to the Flute output, one speaker to the Pedal output and one speaker to the Swell/Mix output. The problem is that the Celeste stops in the Swell and Great, along with the Reed stops in the Swell and Pedal along with the carillon will not play through the speakers no matter what I try. Is there another switch somewhere that controls them? Those stops continue to play through the internal speakers only.
    I noticed there is no "separate/ mix" switch labeled for those stops --- I only have three switches which are for Diapason, Flute and Pedal.
    Does the accessories output have something to do with this? Thanks

The sockets on the output panel are line level, not speaker outputs. You need an external amplifier for each channel, preferably Rodgers S-100s which have all the proper cabling connections for that instrument. They come up frequently on eBay.

--- Tom
    Rodgers 660 with additional analog rack sets (practice), 36D/C in digital conversion, Yamaha CVP-107

Comment

Hi, Each speaker cabinet has a S-100 amp in there, perhaps I need to do something with the wiring for the leslie output plug since that is the one not working. If that is the case, then the celeste and harp and reeds must go through the leslie? Thanks for your previous response.

Comment

My Rodgers L-100 speaker has both an S-100 amp and an interface box for the Leslie. On the interface box, look for a volume control. It may be set too low.

Also, if you have not used these particular cables before, you may want to verify the integrity of the wiring at the plugs. Do this with POWER OFF on the organ, of course.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Keeping (too many) old organs alive.
        Allen ADC 2110-T, Rodgers Trio 321B
        Conn 651, 713
        Hammond M-3 w/Leslie 120
        Hammond Solovox
        Mass-Rowe model 96 Carillon

Comment

I believe you have a problem in the circuitry that supplies signal to the output sockets. If the affected stops play in the internal speakers, then the keying and voicing circuits related to them are working. But for some reason these stops are getting to the internal amp but not to the external. You need the schematic to trace the signal, but you will find that it is disappearing somewhere after the point where the four discrete channels are sent on to the output panel while going off in a different direction to become part of the two-channel internal mix.
          John
          ----------
          *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Thank you all for your input, I'll be checking things out this week and see what I can find.

Comment

Ah, mea culpa. All too often someone has swiped the S-100s out of the speaker cabinets before selling them, leaving the poor buyer to wonder what's going on.

Unless I'm mistaken about the 110's channel usage, I believe the sharp-tuned celeste 'ranks' and reed stops all sound through the 'reed' channel to maintain separation from the flutes and diapasons (including the on-pitch stops used for the celestes), as on most 4 or 5 channel Rodgers of the 60s and 70s. The harp, which is derived from sustained flutes, is probably routed through the same channel to keep it out of the Leslie.

The Leslie socket should only be carrying flute stops, unless someone modified it. I also seem to vaguely recall something about the Leslie socket being wired differently on some models.

--- Tom
              Rodgers 660 with additional analog rack sets (practice), 36D/C in digital conversion, Yamaha CVP-107

Comment

Do you know if the S-100 amps are actually turning on? They have a A/C cord that plugs into the wall and D/C is fed to them from the organ through the "leslie" type cable which in turn energizes a internal relay in the amp and switches them on.

Comment

Yep. You can temporarily swap the plugs around and see if attaching one of the other tone cabinets to the Swell/Mix output will make those missing stops play. If it does, then the trouble is probably that the S-100 amp is not turning on (perhaps the relay is faulty) or the S-100 needs repair. We have seen many S-100 amps go bad when the output capacitor opens up. Also, there are two fuses on each amp, so check to be sure they are not blown.
                  John
                  ----------
                  *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Working...
                  X