This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland C-330/380 Classic Organ - Tracker/Barker Noise

Do any of you have the above noted model of organ in your home? Any thoughts on it? One thing I'm curious about is, what exactly do you hear when you select the Tracker/Barker Noise? Is it the clickety clack one hears in some of the Youtube presentations of French organs, like at St. Sulpice?

Yes, indeed—I have a C-330, and it is the sound you would expect. It’s not an electronic click, but a complex sound with distinct attack and release characteristics. I’m sure it was sampled from an actual instrument. The sound is in stereo, appears to be in the background, and it progresses from left to right as one plays progressively higher on the keyboard. The “stop” can be “voiced” in its volume and brilliance. I’ve tried it in the slow Benedictus movement of Couperin’s Mass for Parish use. I suppose it can be overdone, and will bother people with no knowledge of Barker mechanisms, or those who see no point of emulating “imperfections” in musical performance!
    Aeolian-Hammond BA Player organ
    Roland C-330

Comment

Thanks for the info, Art. I think it would be rather charming to be able to add that sound. Overall, are you pleased with your Roland? I rather admire the small dimensions of the console - with everything computerized there's no need to have these huge instruments taking up space when a leaner look is possible without loss of sound.

Comment

I love the organ, and am impressed by the many many features available, and especially the overall quality of the sound reproduction. The Roland sound samples (in collaboration with organist Hector Olivera) and technology in implementing the sounds has become the basis for all the new Rodgers organs. In addition to the demo videos by Olivera on the Rodgers web site, there are a number of good sounding videos (and some not so good) available on YouTube. An interesting video not often encountered is found at http://www.efpchurch.org.uk/images/s...330%20Sean.mov
        Aeolian-Hammond BA Player organ
        Roland C-330

Comment

Working...
        X