This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattling Subwoofer

I love our church's Rodgers T787 but lately, there's been an incredibly annoying rattling coming from the sub especially when I hit that low D. I love deep bass I can actually feel but the rattling is a bit unnerving, especially on a soft solo when I still need that deep bass. The reverb settings are the same as always and the master volume is where our tech set it at. I was wondering, would isolation pads help if placed on the sub's feet? Or maybe on the speakers resting above the sub?

Hi,

Is the vibration you hear coming from the speaker or is it a resonance problem where something sympathetically vibrates on that note.

If it is coming from the speaker, it could be a number of things, such as screws not tight that hold the speaker in place, internal wiring vibrating against the cabinet wall, or maybe a speaker driver issue.

If it is a sympathetic vibration issue, you will have to use your ears to isolate the problem. Things like duct-work, windows, light reflectors are the usual suspects for this. Sometimes, just moving the speaker a bit will resolve the issue.

One other thing, is that particular stop/note combination louder than notes around it? If so, you will have to reduce the volume of just that one note.

Definitely not the first one to have a vibration problem.

AV

Comment

You can "pin down" the pedal and walk around the room listening to the rattle. Often it's not coming from where you think. In order to get a better idea you have to move around the room while it's playing.

Geo

Comment

One of my Rodgers speakers had a rattle - one of the rivets holding the magnet/coil assembly was loose. The tech wedged a small piece of sheet metal in there. It's been quiet ever since.
        Home organ, same as church's organ - Rodgers 940

Sign on my work toolbox that effectively keeps people away:

DANGER!!! 1,000,000 OHMS!!!

Comment

Working...
        X