X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for new digital organ costs $10000

Hello All,

I am new to the Organ world. I am from India.
    We want to buy a digital organ (2 manual) for our church.
    Our budget is $10000(excluding shipping).
    We used to play Hymns and Gospels during our church service.
    Please suggest some Organ models.

Thanks in advance!

Abishek,

Welcome to the Forum. Allen or Rodgers are reliable instruments. Of course, since you are a Commonwealth country, the fellows from the UK may have more viable options for you to consider.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Hymns and gospel music sounds more like a Hammond than a classical organ. However, you might look at a Hammond 935. It can do gospel music with its drawbar sounds, but it also has pipe organ stops on the manuals and pedals. You might be able to find one in that price range.

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by Abishek View Post
          I am from India.
          We want to buy a digital organ (2 manual) for our church.
          Originally posted by sptodd View Post
          Where are you located?
          Does this help?
          • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC

Comment

An organforum member in Shanghai bought a Viscount last year. They don't sell these in the USA, that I know of, we know nothing about them.
            If you like gospel, Suzuki Hammond is still selling some organs in the far east that will do both classical and gospel sounds.
            Rodgers is a US brand of Roland corp. I don't know what brand name they are using in Asia for organs. Their keyboards are sold worldwide, but an organ has an attached pedal unit.
            Allens do not, IMHO, do gospel sounds very well.
            city Hammond H-182 organ (2 ea),A100,10-82 TC, Wurlitzer 4500, Schober Recital Organ, Steinway 40" console , Sohmer 39" pianos, Ensoniq EPS, ; country Hammond H112

Comment

Originally posted by indianajo View Post
              If you like gospel. . . .
              Abishek has not been back to the Forum since (s)he posted on the day (s)he joined. That said, however, we need to consider the differences in language. Some use the word hymn to refer to a through-composed piece in the hymnal, while using "gospel" to refer to music in the hymnbook with 2-4 verses and a chorus. Generally hymns are directed in praise toward God, while gospel songs are directed toward others, telling what God has done for us. In the alternate definition, both hymns and gospel music would use the same type of instrument (not necessarily a Hammond sound).

While we assume the original poster (who hasn't been back yet) meant "gospel" as in something we'd hear from a gospel choir with a Hammond, the poster could have meant the other definition.

My point is that we should be sure we know what a person is posting about before providing specific advice based on potentially false assumptions. Just a thought.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by indianajo View Post
                . . . bought a Viscount last year. They don't sell these in the USA, that I know of, we know nothing about them.
                Wrong! Viscount most certainly sells organs in the U.S.--both classical and theater. They do keep a low profile, but they have a dealer network and good parts and service support. Although Viscount is an Italian company, they have a nice Web site in English:

http://www.viscount-organs.us/

Comment

Abishek,
                  Check the Johannus website, they just installed a big 4m Ecclesia in Sri Lanka which is your neighbor country.
                  Most likely there are Johannus dealers in India, if not, contact the factory where you could get in touch with one.
                  A 2 manual Opus 250 might be in your price range.

Comment

Working...
                  X