This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers 660 Drawknob Version

Can someone please provide the dimensions for this console?

Rodgers 660 Drawknob Version

Thanks,
    Mike

According to the service manual, the console is 61 1/8" wide, 51 1/2" high, 40" deep without pedalboard, 58 1/2" deep with pedals installed. Weight 800 pounds. In other words, HUGE. You need a BIG door to get it inside.

Nice organ though, for its day, late 60's early 70's. I played on a 660 at a church for a couple years and enjoyed it. Not a lot of resources -- a unit diapason, unit flute, unit reed, plus some indepedent 8' and 4' stops on the swell and some independent 16' stops on the pedal. The magnetic core capture action on ours still worked flawlessly and was much better than simple presets.

The choir manual is basically a duplicate of the great and suprisingly has no reeds, no celestes. I wound up putting MIDI on the choir manual only, which was pretty easy and made that manual useful as a truly separate and colorful division.
    John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Minor correction, John. Despite what the service manual states, the 660 uses the shallower console, at 35 1/2" w/o pedalboard, and it tips the scales at around 600 lbs (not light in any case). Makes it more likely to fit through 36" doors with less pain. The 330 and 990 used the behemoth 40" deep console.

--- Tom
      Rodgers 660 with additional analog rack sets (practice), 36D/C in digital conversion, Yamaha CVP-107

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, Tom. I just opened my manual and copied that from the spec page, forgetting the manual covered both the 660 and the 990. It's still BIG!
        John
        ----------
        *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Don't be scared by size. I got Rodgers 820 into my small apartment through 32" door. I had to remove door though (heavy fireproof door), and tip it on a side and hook it with top (manuals) around corner. After that I had 3 90degree turns to go through hallway. I had calculated on computer and also made cardboard model to "drive" it through to ensure it will be able to get in before I purchased it. I suggest you to do the same. I don't trust movers much anymore, seem they usually move pianos. Movers I paid could not get it in and left it in front of my door, then my neighbor helped me. Thanks be to God for him :-)

I forgot to say that it was less then 1/2" left on each side to get it through the door, and had to remove top lid to get 1/2" more :-) It was fun

Comment

I have posted the Rodgers 660 Brochure to the Organ Brochures section of the Gallery. Presently, it's on pages 16 & 17.

Enjoy!
            Greg

Comment

Working...
            X