This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixtuur Organs from The Netherlands

Has anybody heard of or had experience with the Mixtuur organs from the Netherlands, especially the Intrada II and III home instruments? http://translate.google.com/translat...20%26bih%3D955[/WIKI] According to their website, Mixtuur was started by an engineer for another Dutch digital organ builder (surely Johannus), and their products do indeed resemble the Johannus Classic 170. The major differences that I see are two: 1. They are Hauptwerk instruments; and 2. They don't use stop tabs or knobs and don't have the large touchscreen displays; instead they have a large LED screen for each manual displaying the available stops and pistons for each manual without the graphic reproductions common on most virtual organs. You can see Girt van Hoef (wearing his "combat boots") playing one of these instruments here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N07M0...re=c4-overview

Last edited by Admin; 02-16-2014, 08:09 AM.

This video gives a better view of the LCD screens and the virtual stop tabs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJbacXJeKAk
    Last edited by Admin; 02-16-2014, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Quite a good sound, and interesting concept. Maybe they'll make an impact on the market. Who knows....
      John
      ----------
      *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

I hope they do well and can usher in a world where VPO consoles of quality can be affordable.

mike
        If it is Caesar that you worship, then Caesar you shall serve.

Comment

I wish they would come to the US, as I am in the market for an inexpensive home organ. Right now I'm leaning towards the Johannus 170. I like the Roland C330, but it is more $ than I want to spend. It seems to me that eliminating stop tabs in favor of LED screens would result in lower cost and greater reliability (provided the software to drive the LEDs is robust)--no switches for the manufacturer/servicer to deal with.

Comment

Interesting. The LED virtual stops look pretty small in the videos. Also, in the first video (the work boot video), they're running a Hauptwerk sample set, but in the second video the sound is like a typical Johannus which I've always thought sounds nothing like a pipe organ. But it doesn't make sense the Mixtuur would be able to use a Johannus sound engine.

Comment

Just on a chance, I sent Mixtuur an e-mail asking if they had plans to bring their instruments to the US. I received a reply today which said they want to come and that they are looking for distributors here. I plan to send them contact information for 3 dealers in the Chicago area, where I live. If anyone else is a dealer or can recommend a dealer in your area, you might want to forward contact information to [email protected].

Comment

Having read about Mixtuur Organs here and seeing YouTube videos of the Intrada III, I decided to take a trip to the Netherlands to check out the possibility of buying an organ for my home. What started as a morning visit turned into a 3-day stay, complete with demonstrations by the very talented young organist, Gert Van Hoef, and the well-known pianist, Jan Vayne (who played his Hauptwerk installation at the St. Anne’s Chapel in Kampen), all arranged by Peter Kooyman. We also visited the Mixtuur Organ factory. After considering various options, I settled on a combination product: a Mixtuur Intrada III console (complete with AGO pedal board and adjustable bench) and a sound system by Vayne Audio Productions. The sound quality is amazing! Once the organ has made the trip across the Atlantic and is in place at my home, I will provide a further update.

Comment

Thanks, dprv. I'm glad you're going to try one. Lucky for you to have Gert demonstrate one for you. The Intrada III would have been my choice as well, except that I have since purchased a Roland C330, which I like very much. I take it that Mixtuur has not made any progress in setting up a distributor in the US. What will you do if you need service?

- - - Updated - - -

One further question? How did you like the small touch-screens for stop selection? Some have questioned the small size. Other than that, I think they would be a great innovation.

Comment

DPRV,

Thank you for sharing your experiences, and welcome to the Forum. We look forward to videos, audio, and photos of the organ you purchased after you get it back home. I am very interested to hear the sound authenticity, whether it conforms to AGO standards, and the touch screen issue mentioned elsewhere.

Again, welcome to the Forum. I look forward to your future posts.

Michael
                    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
                    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
                    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
                    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

myorgan,

We also like the sound of the Mixtuur organs that Gert plays.
                      Can you explain what you mean with 'sound authenticity ? And perhaps authentic to what ?
                      To the best of my knowledge, the AGO does not set standards for sound, please correct me if I am wrong.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdc2000 View Post
                        Can you explain what you mean with 'sound authenticity?
                        Sound Authenticity to me means that the stops sound like the pipe ranks they are supposed to represent.
                        To the best of my knowledge, the AGO does not set standards for sound, please correct me if I am wrong.
                        I apologize for the misplaced pronoun. I should have said whether the organ conforms to . . .. Thank you for the clarification. You were right and I was wrong. I'm glad you pointed that out.

Michael
                        • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC

Comment

I like it!

Sounds good even through my cheap computer speakers.

It must be awesome when played through a suitable sound system.

You gotta admire a guy who can play like that, with shoes like those. B-)
                          'Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.' --N. Bonaparte

My friends call me Steve, won't you be my friend?
                          The cast, in order of appearance:
                          Kawai K5, Yamaha PSR-85, Thomas Trianon A-6820, Gulbransen 621-K, Conn 580 T-2, GEM WK1 ST
                          Hammond H-112, Ser. #16518, from 8/16/1971
                          Oh, and let's don't forget the Jaymar!

Comment

But how would you go about comparing the original pipe work with the hauptwerk copy of it ?
                            Or any digital organ using samples from pipework located thousands of miles from where you and I live ?
                            Most of us just simply say, sounds good to me, even when in reality it doesnt come even close to the real thing.
                            As far as AGO specs go, the only thing most builders comply with is the 32 note pedalboard, the console is made to whatever the builder wants or the customer specifies.

Comment

But how would you go about comparing the original pipe work with the hauptwerk copy of it ?
                              Or any digital organ using samples from pipework located thousands of miles from where you and I live ?
                              Mrdc2000,

From viewing your previous posts, it appears you have an axe to grind. I am neither interested in being the whetstone nor the oil. Opinions are like noses--everyone has one. You are certainly entitled to yours, as I am mine. Feel free to answer your own questions and those arisen by your statements (though I am sorely tempted).

From what I heard on the YouTube recordings, it appears Mixtuur digital organs are certainly worth further investigation, exploration, and auditioning. Had I known about them earlier this year when we were in Germany, I might have made the trip to the factory to check them out. Maybe when we return to play there again. Then I can ask the questions I have in person to the company.

Meanwhile, DPRV, I look forward to hearing your updates to this thread as an owner of a Mixtuur organ. That certainly will qualify you as more of an expert on the topic as an owner.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X