This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Organ Software Programmer Wanted

Spotted that Allen is currently looking for a software programmer. It might interest someone here:

http://www.allenorgan.com/www/company/employment.html

Programmer

Allen Organ Company, the leading manufacturer of electronic organs, has an opening for a software programmer with an interest in designing and maintaining software for music and other applications. Related experience helpful. You will be writing in-house and commercial software for our musical instruments.

Qualified applicants will have experience in Visual Basic environments on MS Windows platforms, including VB/Access interfaces and Installshield. Desirable skill sets also include: Linux (as both development environment and target platform), Qt, C/C++ programming, embedded systems development, sockets programming in C/C++, and MIDI or musical keyboard experience.

I wonder what exciting projects will they be working on?
    1971 Allen Organ TC-3S (#42904) w/sequential capture system.
    Speakers: x1 Model 100 Gyro, x1 Model 105 & x3 Model 108.

Just think how much further along Allen would be if they used Apples/! ;-)

Comment

Until you have to update iTunes in the middle of a service.:'(
      Keeping the world together with some string, a paper clip, and of course gaff(duct) tape.

Comment

Be serious! A Mac in a church? Everyone knows they use stained glass Windows! :->
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

I ought to give you negative reputation for that, Andy.
          -Admin

Allen 965
          Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
          Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
          Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Now boys! Let's be civil!;-)

Actually, I do use my Mac in church. Because we don't have anyone to play the piano, I record the piano using my sequencer on the Mac, and play it back during the service while I play the organ. It limits the pastor's spontaneous nature, but he'll live.

I also don't allow iTunes to automatically update. Solves THAT problem!:-B

Michael
            Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
            • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
            • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
            • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Working...
            X