X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of Ebay Listing

http://www.--------/itm/Allen-Organ-...item1c43812c97

This listing shows an Allen ADC-6300 with a starting price of $22.00 and includes shipping. It pretends to have a "buy it now price" of $3,000, however each of the links in the listing takes you outside of eBay for direct communication with the seller (a violation of eBay's policies). If you move forward with the transaction, it requires payment outside of eBay's approved methods (in this case, a bank wire transfer to an off-shore account), and the invoice supposedly from eBay is fraudulent (confirmed by eBay).

I went so far as to get the invoice, but then it all screamed "scam" at me. A tell-tale sign was that the transaction number and sale did NOT show in my user account at eBay.

I've reported the listing to eBay for violation of their selling policy. Buyers beware: an organ that should sell for about $5,000 more than it's listed for, and with shipping that would normally cost between $1,000 and $2,000 is just too good to be true!

Oh, the organ was going to be shipped by UPS or FedEx--while both have divisions that handle freight, they don't really do door-to-door musical instrument moves. Another sign that this was a scam.

Toodles

I would assume the BIN price is really the listing price.....so add $5000 to that at $8,000 is correctly priced? I would be looking for a good 2 manual MDS for that amount. However I'm glad you reported it because I thought of doing the same thing ;-)

Hmmm...funny thing...when I go to click on it, Ebay takes me to another site "of similar " of what I searched. Won't open up the 6300....which is now listed at 2950

Comment

I was drooling over the add also until I applied the old maxim "If it sounds too good to be true it's probably not true" . Three manuals and free shipping from Abilene, Texas for $3000. Yes, I'm dreaming. It's a long, long way from Abilene to anywhere. I saw the ad in the evening and it was gone the next day. Curses upon that scammer.
      Sam

Allen ADC5400, 1910 Chickering QuarterGrand
      Past---Allen ADC4000, Galanti Praeludium II, Yamaha Clavinova, Hammond A102, W.W. Putnam Reed Organ

Comment

I was going to buy it as soon as I got my $250,000.00 from my good friend, the Nigerian prince. :-)

td
        Servicing electronic organs since 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by tucsondave View Post
          I was going to buy it as soon as I got my $250,000.00 from my good friend, the Nigerian prince. :-)

td
          Best post I've seen on the forum in over a week! I literally laughed out loud.
          “There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.”
          “What I have achieved by industry and practice, anyone else with tolerable natural gift and ability can also achieve.”
          Johann Sebastian Bach

(at Home) Conn 645 Theater Deluxe
          (at Church) 1836 E. & G.G. Hook Bros, Opus 26

Comment

I saw that eBay posting too and yep! Something was amiss there!!!!! II laughed at the Nigerian Prince too!!!!!!
            Rob

Comment

I contacted the seller also. I would be interested in just buying the Allen Ensemble sitting on the right. It is supposed to be Mattoon Illinois which is a couple of hours from me. I could check it out.

Comment

Various types of blatant scam auctions were more common on ebay around 5 years ago. Remember the whole series of them that reused the same blurry picture of an organ, that wasn't even the right model? Ebay probably found a way to filter them out before being posted. As is often the case, the scammers then try to figure out ways around those filters. It's a mixed blessing...I actually don't have a problem with legitimate sellers using ebay to publicize their real store fronts...alas...ebay does. I recently bought a piece of office furniture from a real business in the DC/Balto. area that was selling on ebay. I had a feeling they'd offer me better terms off-ebay. They had concealed a clue as to their real identity in their auction, in a very clever way so as not to run afoul of ebay. I figure it out, contacted them, and indeed got a better price on the piece.

Anyhow, I wouldn't beware of ALL ebay listings. Just the scams!

Comment

Originally posted by radagast View Post
                  I contacted the seller also. I would be interested in just buying the Allen Ensemble sitting on the right. It is supposed to be Mattoon Illinois which is a couple of hours from me. I could check it out.
                  The photo was probably "borrowed" from a store's listings elsewhere. Car scams do that too. The pictures are of a vehicle the seller has never even seem, let alone own.
                  Roland Atelier AT-90s, AT-80s, AT-70, 30, and 15. Roland VR-760 combo
                  Yamaha S-90, Kurzweil PC-3x, Casio Privia PX-330, Roland E-80, G-70, BK-5, Leslie 760, 820
                  Moved on:
                  Allen 3MT/Hauptwerk, Technics GA1, Yamaha HX1, AR80, numerous Hammonds, including 2 M's, an L, 2 A-100's, XP-2, XM-1/1c, & an XK-3. Roland Atelier AT-30, 60r, 80, & 20r(2 units), and a slew of Leslies (147, 142, 760, 900, 330).
                  Korg Triton Le-61, Casio Privia PX-310 & 110, and Kurzweils: PC-2x, SP-88, Pro-III, K1000

Comment

Working...
                  X