This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Voicing/TG-Card Info

I am looking to be pointed in the right direction for some guide info on voicing controls on a ADC 9300. I have the cage sheets with the card assignments listed out, but not sure where to start with voicing and what variable POT does what. I've gotten spoiled being able to play with DOVE on some newer Allen models. Thank you.

Erik
    Keeping the world together with some string, a paper clip, and of course gaff(duct) tape.

Originally posted by eaaron View Post
    I am looking to be pointed in the right direction for some guide info on voicing controls on a ADC 9300. I have the cage sheets with the card assignments listed out, but not sure where to start with voicing and what variable POT does what. I've gotten spoiled being able to play with DOVE on some newer Allen models. Thank you.
    Erik,

One of the Allen Organ techs may be able to help you with that. You're specifically requesting the Voicing Guide for your model, and it comes in a PDF from Allen. Tuscondave or JBird604 may be able to help you with that. If you don't get a reply, let me know, and I can send you a couple of my voicing guides that will give you the general gist of how to voice the organ.

Just remember to voice Top to Bottom. The controls are (Bass, Treble, Mid, Gain--listed from top to bottom). Small changes do make a difference, and you'll definitely need someone else to help you voice. I use my wife to play the keyboard so I can listen to the differences as I voice. I keep a stop guide beside me so I can tell her, Left side>3rd row from left, 2nd from bottom (etc.). She has one to refer to as well.

Hope that helps.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

OK, so I contacted Allen and.... They were kind enough to send me PDFs of the full cage charts and an owners manual for the 8300 series. Apparently they never made a manual for the 9300 even though they said my serial number was a stock model. I assume they are talking about stop selection "stock" as I have never seen any stock Allen with divisional cancels and individual expression on every division, then again this is only the second 4-manual ADC I've seen. The other had CH-GT-PED, Swell, solo expression and no divisional cancels. They did not send a voicing guide however. So if anyone can help me out with where to go next on this one I would most appreciate it.

Erik
      Keeping the world together with some string, a paper clip, and of course gaff(duct) tape.

Comment

Eaaron,

I guess all the organ techs are jealous. I don't blame them! Check your PM from me.

Michael
        Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
        • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
        • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
        • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

ADC 9300 was not a stock model in the sense that it was in the catalog and produced in numbers. But it IS rather close to the 8300 overall outside of the Solo voices and 4th manual.

Comment

Working...
          X