X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VST Instruments - Viscount Prestige or Johannus Opus

Dear all,

I've been recording MIDI from organ players on a Viscount Prestige 50 and a Johannus Opus 27. Then I go home edit the midi so that there are no mistakes.

The next step is to mix it down as audio. I could go back to the two churches with my laptop and play the midi through the organs to mix down but access is limited.

Is anyone aware of a software synth that sounds like a Viscount Prestige 50 or an Johannus Opus 27 so that I could do my mixes from home?

I've tried Garritan Classic Pipe Organs and whilst the organs sound good, none of them sound anything like a Viscount Prestige 50 or a Johannus Opus 27.

Please can someone point me to a software organ that sounds like a Viscount Prestige 50 or an Johannus Opus 27

Thanks for your help

Best wishes

Bob

Hi,

I doubt that you will find what you are looking for. Other than Hammond clones, I do not know of virtual reproductions of standard digital instruments.

I would say, try to buy a used version of one of these instruments, that is if you can find one.

AV

Comment

Or live with the sounds as is. Since you're editing for playing errors, you could technically do it using a piano patch, one manual at a time, if need be.
      Roland Atelier AT-90s, AT-80s, AT-70, 30, and 15. Roland VR-760 combo
      Yamaha S-90, Kurzweil PC-3x, Casio Privia PX-330, Roland E-80, G-70, BK-5, Leslie 760, 820
      Moved on:
      Allen 3MT/Hauptwerk, Technics GA1, Yamaha HX1, AR80, numerous Hammonds, including 2 M's, an L, 2 A-100's, XP-2, XM-1/1c, & an XK-3. Roland Atelier AT-30, 60r, 80, & 20r(2 units), and a slew of Leslies (147, 142, 760, 900, 330).
      Korg Triton Le-61, Casio Privia PX-310 & 110, and Kurzweils: PC-2x, SP-88, Pro-III, K1000

Comment

J-organ would probably be the best chance to get close with the dozens of European, German, Italian, etc pipe organs available.
        Many of them have extensive voicing options. And of course it's free.

td
        Servicing electronic organs since 1969.

Comment

Working...
        X