Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland C380 vs Rodgers 569 (Help Needed!!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland C380 vs Rodgers 569 (Help Needed!!)

Hi Everyone,

I know an elderly couple looking to buy an organ for a church. They do not know much about organs and the church organist is not very knowledgeable. They live in a country without a lot of dealers, but are looking to get the best bang for their buck (their retirement savings).

They are being presented with the option of buying a Rodgers 569, but none of us really understand why that would be better than a C380. I would like to get a non-dealer perspective. I would like to save my friends some money if the extra cost does not get them very much.

Any thoughts?

The Rodgers is quite a bit more organ in my opinion. It gets them a US-built AGO console with 32 note pedalboard, split expression/crescendo, and more pistons including toe studs.

--- Tom
    Rodgers 660 with additional analog rack sets (practice), 36D/C in digital conversion, Yamaha CVP-107

Comment

Originally posted by CEL View Post
      Hi Everyone,

I know an elderly couple looking to buy an organ, . . . . . but are looking to get the best bang for their buck (their retirement savings).
      Their retirement is otherwise secured?
      Roland Atelier AT-90s, AT-80s, AT-70, 30, and 15. Roland VR-760 combo
      Yamaha S-90, Kurzweil PC-3x, Casio Privia PX-330, Roland E-80, G-70, BK-5, Leslie 760, 820
      Moved on:
      Allen 3MT/Hauptwerk, Technics GA1, Yamaha HX1, AR80, numerous Hammonds, including 2 M's, an L, 2 A-100's, XP-2, XM-1/1c, & an XK-3. Roland Atelier AT-30, 60r, 80, & 20r(2 units), and a slew of Leslies (147, 142, 760, 900, 330).
      Korg Triton Le-61, Casio Privia PX-310 & 110, and Kurzweils: PC-2x, SP-88, Pro-III, K1000

Comment

Originally posted by twnelson View Post
        The Rodgers is quite a bit more organ in my opinion. It gets them a US-built AGO console with 32 note pedalboard, split expression/crescendo, and more pistons including toe studs.

--- Tom
        Also, someone told me that the Rodgers manuals have a heavier touch than the Roland C330/C380 ones, which in my opinion would make it easier to perform a good articulation for the baroque repertoire.

Comment

Working...
        X