This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of "David Choriton"?

I practiced today at a church with a medium-sized pipe organ which had electronic controls and stops by "David Choriton from Toronto". I never heard of him and a Google search turned up nothing. Anyone have any info on him? BTW the pipe organ wasn't very good in several respects, and I picked out every electronic stop immediately, and it looked like he just put in Peterson components and pasted his name over their name on the control units built into the console.

Who is/was this guy? Arie V....?

R, Bill Miller
    Phila PA

Bill,

I believe his name is spelled David Chorlton.

Yes, I worked with him for a number of years when we were employed at Artisan Classic Organs in the early to mid 90s/

I lost touch with him when he left the company, but understand he setup his own company called Westacott Organs.

I have not come across any of his pipe organ relays, so can't speak to that, but did come across a Westacott organ, and must say that it was unfinished, as all the stops did not sound, and it sounded like it needed voicing and better audio equipment.

I spoke to him last year, and he told me, he was basically doing other work these days.

AV

Comment

Thanks, Arie
      Bill

Originally posted by arie v View Post
      Bill,

I believe his name is spelled David Chorlton.

Yes, I worked with him for a number of years when we were employed at Artisan Classic Organs in the early to mid 90s/

I lost touch with him when he left the company, but understand he setup his own company called Westacott Organs.

I have not come across any of his pipe organ relays, so can't speak to that, but did come across a Westacott organ, and must say that it was unfinished, as all the stops did not sound, and it sounded like it needed voicing and better audio equipment.

I spoke to him last year, and he told me, he was basically doing other work these days.

AV

Comment

Working...
      X