This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johannus

Hello, I am looking for advice on the Johannus line for my home. I am considering the Opus (either 20 or 30) with a SP-1 speaker assembly, or possibly a Sweelinck 20 or 30 without external speaker assembly. I don't have the Sweelinck prices from my dealer so I am not sure about how much of a price difference I am dealing with. I do appreciate any advice. I am also waiting a bit since currently the Johannus instruments do not have velocity sensitive keyboards. I got an email from a staffer at Johannus which said that they will begin working on velocity in December. I'm not sure how long it'll take before I can purchase a model with this feature, but it's worth waiting for since the orchestral voices (if I decide to get a sound module) will sound much more realistic with this.

Re: Johannus

I recently played a 3 manual Johannus Monarke in a friend's house. It's very good both in looks and sound. In your search for an organ did you look at the Ahlborn? I ask this because I have an Ahlborn Classic Archive playing through my Viscount Jubilate, and there is not much difference between the sound of the two. (the Johannus and the Ahlborn.) I would like an opinion on the Ahlborn 3 manual - the price is more competitive than the Johannus where I live. I am not a dealer. I have no association with any organ manufacturer whatsoever! Just interested, as I hope to upgrade to a 3 manual organ fairly soon.
    John Foss

Comment

Tim,

Contact me at [email protected] for some valuable insight on Johannus.

Comment

Tim,

Reply to me off-list at [email protected] for some valuable insight regarding the Johannus line of intruments.

Craig Huston

Comment

I have a roland C 180 portable classic organ with rodgers organ sounds. It sounds good. I heard a 3 manual Allen in a Cathedral in Singapore and was amazed at the sound.I like the Johannus 4 manual rembrant I heard in a French mens home here in Pune India... although I was a bit disappointed with the 32' stop.Well for us in India owning a good organ is a dream. Im planning to buy a viscount Jubilate 232. u have this organ.. Tell me how does it sound? Does it have a tracker action keyboard/ and how are the 16' pedal sounds??Is the low end full?Is the volume enough for a mid size chuch?.. Its 2 x 40 watts..And does it help to add the Archive module??Do you have the classic with 32' stops?
          The price of the Viscount 232 is the equivalent of about 6500-7000 euros> is that too expensive>. Its 57 Indian rupees to the euro...Is it possible to purchase a second hand organ?If so where?

Comment

You should play the Rodgers 900 series. Amazing !!!!!!! And cheaper priced too.

Comment

Everyone will now pipe in with their opinion (go phoenix) but he wanted advice on Johan here. Haven't heard one in person, so I wouldn't know.

Comment

Since 8 month I own a Johannus Sweelinck 20. But my experience is not so positiv. Apart from some quality issues (some of them still remain unrepared), the sound of the organ is far away from a real pipe organ.
                After having a look inside this is not amazing: There are five speaker chassis inside. Four middle sized and one big sized for the 16’ and 32’ feet stops. But a single chassis will never be able to provide the whole frequency range of a real pipe with its whole harmonics. Furthermore the amp quality is not that big than advertised. The AF-cables look the cheapest you can get. No shielding at all. The swell organ turned out to be a simple volume control which has nothing to do with a real one. I have to turn of my mobile phone while playing in order not to get annoying mobile phone noises.
                I had to invest additional 4000 Euro in external speakers (not Johannus) an amp that delivers enough power without lacking clarity. Now the organ sounds much better, some single ranks are really beautiful. But stereo, not multi channel. What’s the advantage of multi channel sorround effects, when the “hardware” is rather poor ?
                I payed additional 2000 Euro for the exchange of 6 ranks. But I still think not all ranks fit together.
                What I found most annoying: After I had heard some speculations about new organs I asked Johannus if something is planned in the near future. They assured me that nothing concrete is planned. However some weeks after the instrument was delivered the new Sweelinck 25 entered the marked. I asked my dealer if I could have at least the new swell organ of the sweelick 25 which seems much better. I was offered to pay € 2.000 ( $ 2.300) to get 4 new voice cards for the swell organ, or € 4.500 (5.200 $) to get the electronics of the sweelink 25. This means I was expected to buy the voicing hardware of the instrument twice ! I don't think this is an appropriate way to treat customers.
                Furthermore the local dealer was not able to repair the malfunction of the pedals volume control. When I complaint again I got nothing but a message “it’s not logical, it is going to be proven”.
                After all I am aware that it is not possible to provide high end quality for that price. But I wished a little bit more honesty in advertising and correspondence from Johannus.

Comment

Working...
                X