Clear All

• praestant
    replied
    Thank you, John!!!

Leave a comment:

• jbird604
    replied
    Chris,

The same DAC4 used in MOS-2 organs can be used in MOS-1 organs as well. So if your MOS-1 organ was already equipped with a DAC4, a new DAC4 will work in it just as well.

There is confusion about compatibility of the various DAC boards -- original DAC, DAC2, DAC3, and DAC4. All of these work the same way and all are interchangeable with some minor changes.

The DAC3 and DAC4 require a 15 volt power supply, which MOS-1 organs do not normally have. So that supply must be added to use either of these with a MOS organ.

Also, there are a couple of minor wiring changes that should be made when changing to the DAC4. This involves the swell-to-great coupler. Not vital, but recommended by Allen.

If your MOS-1 organ already had a DAC4, someone in the past has already modified it and a new DAC4 will work just fine.

Leave a comment:

• praestant
    replied
    Thanks, Michael, my Allen MOS-1 working with a DAC-4 board. And my Allen dealer mean,my new DAC-4 board is a Dac-4 for MOS-2 Systems. Allen manufacture DAC-4 boards for MOS-1 and MOS-2 Systems? It is true? And a DAC-4(MOS-2) board is compatible with a MOS-1 System? My previous board in my Allen MOS-1 is a DAC-4 board.
    Thanks for help.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• myorgan
    replied
    Originally posted by praestant View Post
    Hallo,is a DAC-4 board for Allen organs suitable for MOS-1 and MOS-2 Systems? Or Allen to manufacture Dac-4 boards for MOS-1 System, and separately Dac-4 board for MOS-2 System?
    Praestant,

Underneath where you log out, you'll find the search tool. If you enter DAC4, you'll find JBird604's previous posts providing exactly the information you need. If I were at home, I could tell you, but I'll visit this thread later tonight and see on the photos of my MOS-2 instrument.

Michael

Leave a comment:

• praestant
    started a topic DAC-4 Board Allen organs

DAC-4 Board Allen organs

Hallo,is a DAC-4 board for Allen organs suitable for MOS-1 and MOS-2 Systems? Or Allen to manufacture Dac-4 boards for MOS-1 System, and separately Dac-4 board for MOS-2 System?
Working...
X