This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toodles View Post
    The $4000 conversion seems low by 10 to 20% from the conversion rate history I find online--depends on the exact conversion date.
    My memory has taken note for all those times I have to make a conversion in my head ;-)

The availability of used Allens from the 70's thru the 90's is reflective of their age as well as worship trends in the USA.
    Factors which both will, without a doubt, continue to lower their prices! No matter what the economy does! ("Honey, we just bought a new house - let's start going back to a church with traditional worship!" NOT something going to be heard in living rooms across this land)

Transportation is inherently a limitation of sales between continents, in addition to lack of accessible legal protection for the buyer and seller for higher priced items. I've purchase many smaller items (smaller in value and in size) from Great Britain & Australia for shipment to the USA with no problems, but then regular post handles such items easily.

With a used organ, customs clearance can be problematic, in addition to potential export license requirements, and export filings.
    But I think Gerrit would tell us these difficulties were far from insurmountable. We're very used to being able to get what we want in the USA, within a 50 mile drive of our house in many cases. Even Europeans are probably more used to and less daunted by the prospect of arranging to import something from another country. And for people anywhere besides the US and western Europe, it's a matter of routine. Even if you're buying a used organ in the USA, for the USA, there's a good chance you will have to arrange shipping for it.

Comment

Circa--is everything I say wrong in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerritfrl. View Post
        Hi All,

I boight my ADC 5300 DK (in absolutely great condition, still looks like bran new!) 3 years ago via ebay for € 3.400,00. see the pics of my organ on this thread.
        The price for the ADC 4100 is far to high. Even € 8.700,00 is in my opinion a bit to high.

Gerrit
        I made a mistake: I paid not 3.400,00 euro's, but dollars for my 5300DK!

Comment

So if you buy a nice organ and play it for a while you forget what you paid for it--not at all surprising!!

The ADC-5300 on ebay seems to be the one listed in this AGO ad: https://www.agohq.org/classified-ads/#.VSLQQ6JZio8

Perhaps dealing direct with the owner might prove fruitful for someone wanting to buy it.

Comment

So if you buy a nice organ and play it for a while you forget what you paid for it--not at all surprising!!

The ADC-5300 on ebay seems to be the one listed in this AGO ad: https://www.agohq.org/classified-ads/#.VSLQQ6JZio8

Perhaps dealing direct with the owner might prove fruitful for someone wanting to buy it.
            No I did not forgot what I paid for the organ, but I made a mistake by typing the euro sign and not the dollar sign. (Live in Holland...)

Comment

That's understandable--most people in the US (including me) would have to look up how to enter € (the Euro sign).

Comment

Well as of today I'm the happy owner of a Allen 5300ADK! Dealer deal but with a warranty for a year and it has been gone through and checked over thoroughly. Speakers have all been gone through and repaired...HC 15. Should take delivery maybe by the end of this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamman View Post
                  Well as of today I'm the happy owner of a Allen 5300ADK! Dealer deal but with a warranty for a year and it has been gone through and checked over thoroughly. Speakers have all been gone through and repaired...HC 15. Should take delivery maybe by the end of this week.
                  Good for you! You'll love that instrument. Even though I prefer 3 manuals, my ADC-4300DK is still my favorite organ (sound-wise).

Michael
                  Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
                  • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
                  • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
                  • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

That's great news! Please post more when you get it set up. That should be a fantastic instrument. We sold some of the 5000 models here when I was salesman, and they were awesome. A 5300 should be even better with the improved articulation and other late-ADC enhancements.
                    John
                    ----------
                    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Originally posted by Hamman View Post
                      Congratulations!!

The ADC 5300DK is a very, very nice organ!! Do you still have that voicing plan I send you some while ago?

Gerrit

Comment

Thanks everyone. Gerritfrl, I'm not sure but I do have the stop list(s) and the standard sheet of specs. Which leads me to my next question, I haven't taken delivery of this organ yet but on the spec sheet it says that "Digital Reverb" is supplied on this organ. Yet the dealer tells me that, that was an option this organ was not supplied with. On the spec sheet it states the reverb in the "important features" section and not in the "optional section". So if it should not have reverb, what type of unit is common for a add on? Hook up? I added a Alesis Nanoverb reverb to my Mos 1 organ with the special attenuation isolators....is this the same process for a ADC?
                        I should also state that it does have the factory MIDI on this organ....would that be the basic MIDI....one that just controls an additional sound box?

Comment

Factory MIDI on the ADC organs was note-on-note-off only, but with both encoding and decoding capability. So you can record or play back provided you set the registrations and expression manually.

I believe Allen was supplying internal reverb as standard by the time the x3xx ADCs came out; if the cut sheet says it is included, then an organ delivered to you without it is incomplete, i.e. defective, and requires some adjustment from the dealer.

Expression in the full-cage ADC models is iimplemented on the audio processor cards and followed by buffer amplifiers that maintain ordinary impedances and signal levels. Any line-level audio processor can be plugged into the cage outputs with no ill effects.

Comment

Originally posted by don60 View Post
                            I believe Allen was supplying internal reverb as standard by the time the x3xx ADCs came out; if the cut sheet says it is included, then an organ delivered to you without it is incomplete, i.e. defective, and requires some adjustment from the dealer.
                            Reverb was not standard on the x3xx ADC organ series. It was an available option, though, through chips that could be added to the main board. Four chip slots were available. There were a few options that could be purchased from the factory. They included: Bass Coupler, MIDI (note on/off as you indicated), Reverb, and Brass Choir. The Hautbois 8' on the Swell could also be replaced with an on-board Chimes stop (the option my organ has). There may have been other customizations, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Michael
                            Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
                            • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
                            • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
                            • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

I think the A versions of the ADC models included reverb (i.e., ADC-5300A-DK), but, of course, it could have been deleted.

It would have been ADR4 if installed at the factory, and would probably be on the left (when facing the back of the organ) swing-out panel on the side that faces the interior of the organ. If the tambour door is closed, lift lid and look inside from the treble side of the console. It would be visible and is encased with an aluminum enclosure. Nice if it is included because that means the mixers are present to mix down to the reverb, and mix back into the organ channels.

Comment

The 5300 is in the house! Console and double audio take up the whole 15' living room wall! Thanks especially to jbird and toodles for all the insightful help with this decision and tech help!
                                The console is in great shape and everything seems to work well. Cresendo pedal has static when opening up all the way.....contact cleaner??
                                Also what is a good product to use on the console finish? Oil? Cream?
                                Updates coming (pics of course) as well as assuredly other questions....... :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X