This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 manual Marshall & Ogletree going to Florida

M&O has contracted to put in a massive 5 manual organ in West Palm Beach. It's going to have over 200 stops and 96 audio channels. I can't wait to hear it. I find it interesting because I thought that area was strong Allen territory. It's their Opus 11. Installation is scheduled to begin summer 2015.

Interesting indeed. Going into a large church?
    John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

No, to a concert hall. From their site: * Opus 11 - The Kravis Center in West Palm Beach, Florida, a magnificent multi-venue concert complex in West Palm Beach, has chosen an M&O organ of gargantuan proportions for their primary hall, the Alex W. Dreyfoos, Jr. Concert Hall: 5 manuals, 200+ stops, 96 audio channels. Installation will begin during the summer of 2015 and the organ will formally debut in 2016.
      Last edited by radagast; 05-14-2015, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Interesting, thanks for posting radagast. This has the potential to be a really good sounding organ. Having heard the Cameron Carpenter touring organ - I can say the main problem with it is that at times, it sounds like a little too much organ coming out of too few speakers. (40 or so channels) Sounded very impressive generally, though in terms of the samples themselves...but the massive Johannus in Springfield, VA had better ensemble. (70-ish channels) IMHO, if you're trying to do a huge organ with >= 4 manuals and >= 120 stops, you have to have 60 or more channels, probably.

Comment

Working...
        X