This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this possible?

I have a Galanti Praeludium I organ and I am wondering if it would be possible to add a crescendo pedal?

If adding a crescendo pedal to operate the stops on the Galanti Praeludium I is not possible ---- what about adding a crescendo pedal for the two Ahlborn Archive modules that I have??

One last question: is it possible to add MIDI to the existing swell expression pedal?
    Rodgers W5000 --- home (currently at church)
    Rodgers MX200 module --- home (currently at church)
    Kawai UST7 studio piano --- home

Hi,

Cutting a bigger opening and mounting an expression shoe of sorts is the easy part. Getting it to do something is quite something else. As far as I can tell, there is no way to add a functioning Crescendo pedal on the P-1. I suppose you could add a Crescendo out through MIDI. You will need a MIDI scanner, with maybe some intelligence built-in, to talk to your modules.

The Galanti expression shoe would not be easy to re-fit the pedal with extra equipment including a MIDI scanner. I suppose again it could be done, but likely not worth it.

I would suggest to you that you find a newer/better organ or even a P-2, that already have expression shoes and Crescendo pedal in place.

I surprised that there are people out there that want to produce something grandiose using a P-1 as the basis for their platform. To achieve what is wanted, looking at rather high expenditures, more than getting a more suitable second hand organ.

AV

Comment

I could do it with relays parallel to the tab switch contacts, a rotary encoder driven by a pedal, a shift register to count up and down the on outputs, and some relay drivers between the shift register and the relays.
      Personally I don't like moving organs around. I'll modify what I've got. Around here AGO organs (Allen, Rodgers) are about $5000, and U-haul is about $2.20 a mile if you can get it done in one day. Baldwins with the pedal problems are over $500, nobody has agreed to actually sell me one for that. Going to Little Rock for better prices would be about $2400 rental plus motel and food. I'd have to rent round trip, I've got to get the moving tools there somehow, those won't ride on Greyhound. So I bought a $100 Schober recital organ 70 miles away, $170 rental and gas. plus $50 moving tools to do it myself. I will add sounds to that primitive model as I feel it is appropriate, maybe midi, maybe analog switches. I've owned the schober three weeks and am almost ready to move it into the living room from the front porch.
      city Hammond H-182 organ (2 ea),A100,10-82 TC, Wurlitzer 4500, Schober Recital Organ, Steinway 40" console , Sohmer 39" pianos, Ensoniq EPS, ; country Hammond H112

Comment

Originally posted by indianajo View Post
        So I bought a $100 Schober recital organ 70 miles away, $170 rental and gas. plus $50 moving tools to do it myself. I will add sounds to that primitive model as I feel it is appropriate, maybe midi, maybe analog switches. I've owned the schober three weeks and am almost ready to move it into the living room from the front porch.
        So I assume from this that the Recital Model is fully functional? I built one of them in 1964 while stationed at a remote radar site in Labrador, and I enjoyed it a lot. (It's inoperative now because of some modifications I never finished.) I enjoyed tinkering with the Library of StopsĀ® kit.

David

Comment

The previous owner said it "worked but sounded pinched". I assume either power supply problems or a speaker problem. I didn't try it, either there or here, for $100 anything working was a bonus. He wasn't much of an artist, although he does have a reed organ. the builder had a different name on the shipping documents, than the owner I bought it from. The organ is under a plastic tarp on the roofed front porch and the speaker is inside. Bench and pedals are outside. Pedals 30, 31 have a smashed contact; it looks like a tricky special stamped brass spring and I am not confident of repair or replacement in kind without making a stamping die. There are no spare sound filter cards that the manual mentions, but there are a 5 head reverb tape loop unit, a organ tester OT-1. a 7" tuning record, and a stack of build plans. There is a spare tape loop in a shipping envelope: I don't expect much out of that mechanical joke. The optional power amp is in the back, looks about 25 watts from the size of the transformer, and the speaker has a 10" woofer in it to look at the indent on the front. Best of all, the bus bar for the pedal looks as if it was gold plated, which is what I want for any future projects as a jorgan box or super AGO pedal RTH100. (my best working H100 has the case broken off of it) I'm starting to conceptuallize analog switch boards run off the dc voltage from a key contact, so there is no need to butcher the analog portion of the organ to add sounds to it. And of course, DC voltage will run the average midi encoder easily, in a 2 x 61 contact scanner matrix.
          Retirement is wonderful, it is fun to catch up with all those projects that need a Round Tuit. I've been meaning to get all the surplus LP's from SA and Goodwill off the floor into a record stand, 6' 3" tall, 10" cddp of something much more substantial than the shim stock they make "Gorilla Shelves" and "Godzilla shelves" of. The project is standing in the back yard on its own two feet, needing two diagonal braces front to back , sanding and painting. It could hold 14 linear feet of LP albums, which should clean the floors enough to get the organ inside the house. Now if the floor joists will just take that much weight in that dark corner? The feet are 20" long to traverse two of them.
          Thanks for encouraging me about this model.
          Last edited by indianajo; 07-20-2015, 05:10 PM.
          city Hammond H-182 organ (2 ea),A100,10-82 TC, Wurlitzer 4500, Schober Recital Organ, Steinway 40" console , Sohmer 39" pianos, Ensoniq EPS, ; country Hammond H112

Comment

Working...
          X