This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albhorn Galanti Organs

Ok so I never thought I'd say this about an Italian Organ Company after using that damn Rogers 'thing' which was pracitcally falling apart on the truck on its way to our church, but I am very impressed at least with the sound of the Albhorn Galanti Drake series.

I got the CD in the mail the other day and have been listening to it on and off for about a week and am still thrilled by some of the sounds. I have to admit that the Southern Illinois accent of the comentator is veeeeerrrry annoying as he can't say the vowel that should be in the word, "Ten." Instead every 'eh' vowel comes out as a "ih" as in "Tin," the stuff you put on a barn or a cheap roof (although I hear they are doing some high end roofs these days with tin, but that's three steps removed from my original point here..)

I have played one Albhorn Galanti at a local church here and I liked its stirngs quite a bit and REALLY liked the 'tracker touch' keyboards. I was a bit concerned, however, that the swell pedal didnt' work at all (playing funerals on that organ is a real challenge as you have to really watch your registrations because you can't control your solo reeds as you'd like to for intros etc.)

Anyway, anyone else have expericne with these things? Pretty nice sound, but are they as cheaply made as the Rodgers that are made in Italy, by I think that same company?

Also, does anyone else abuse the use of the "melody" coupler found on Allens and Rodgers as much as I do? I think that's the greatest thing since sliced bread and Christingles, if you don't count the "Bass Coupler" which I am trying to ween myself off of...

Buzzzzzzzzzi

Re: Albhorn Galanti Organs

Come now.. surely SOMEONE wants to dish about Albhorn Galianti, or are Itailian American Sterotypes correct?

Comment

Hi Buzzzzzzzi,

As one who is somewhat familiar with the A-G organs, the new DRAKE based organs are an improvement over the previous generation, both in terms of sound and build quality. They are certainly very competitive with other products in the same price range. Actually I have voiced several of these organs, and they can sound noticeably better than they sound on the CD.

The keyboards in the A-G organs are made by Fatar, the same company that makes keyboards for almost everybody that build digi-organs.

A-G organs are built by GeneralMusic. The low end Rodgers are made by Roland Italy Spa. From what I have seen of them, these Italian made Rodgers are indeed cheaply made, and that is also reflected in the price.

I think if the truth be told, that most of the better models of each company can be made to sound really quite good. Unfortunately, most digi organ installs fail to meet musical potential by a country mile.

Comment

I got the new AG3200 installed at my previous church job, and it was a HUGE improvement over previous Ahlborns I've played. They also fixed a lot of issues like the Festival Trumpet always coupling to other keyboards, etc. I also really enjoyed being able to easily channel different stops to different speakers, and mixing them. For example, I had the dulciana and unda maris solely through the antiphonal speakers, and the rest of the organ on the front mains and sides. And with just the touch of a rocker tablet, I could switch the channeling to have the positiv division become the antiphonal, and the dulciana/unda maris in the "ethereal box" in the choir. Great fun.

Comment

Working...
        X