This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen 122C clarification, please

I would have put this in my last thread, but it's a different organ, so I'm going to post here. I only found one other post, but it did not clarify my question.

I'm also looking at an Allen 122C. The gentelman wrote me and said that it's a 122C, system NO, AC6277. He thinks its a Bravura, but I could not find 122C under that model, so I'm wondering if it's an MOS. If so, I found the MOS manuals on Allen's website, but I wanted to clarify it so I could see what the stop list is for this particular model.

Thanks for any clarification, friends.

Craig
    Craig

Hammond L143 with Leslie 760

Originally posted by musikfan View Post
    I would have put this in my last thread, but it's a different organ, so I'm going to post here. I only found one other post, but it did not clarify my question.

I'm also looking at an Allen 122C. The gentelman wrote me and said that it's a 122C, system NO, AC6277. He thinks its a Bravura, but I could not find 122C under that model, so I'm wondering if it's an MOS. If so, I found the MOS manuals on Allen's website, but I wanted to clarify it so I could see what the stop list is for this particular model.
    Craig,

That will be an MOS organ. The 122 is the model number, the C stands for a Contemporary Console, and the serial numbers of those organs began with AC. A Bravura organ is about 40 years newer (current model run). The Bravura model numbers would begin with an "L-" followed by the model number.

Hope that helps.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Thanks for the helpful info, Michael. Would you by any chance know if this organ is the system 100-300 MOS 1 or MOS2? The Allen website gives the manuals for both, but I'm not sure how to tell which this one would be. Also, do you know where I can get the console dimensions to see if it would fit through my doorway? I didn't see anything in either of the MOS manuals.

Thanks again for your help.

Craig
      Last edited by musikfan; 01-12-2016, 07:18 PM.
      Craig

Comment

Craig,

It is the 100-300 series. MOS-2 organ model numbers ended in 5 (i.e. xx5). 223, 305, 505, 705, 805, 1205, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't know the dimensions of the contemporary console, however, I do know you can release the top of the console and tip it back in order to get it through a normal doorway. Alternatively, you can put it on it's side and angle around the doorway in that manner.

Search the Forum for the many posts we've had on getting an organ through doorways. There are several ideas (i.e. making a template, using a window, removing the door's moulding, etc.). Some are better than others, and some are more relevant to your situation than others as well.

Hope that gives you the answers you need.

Michael
        • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC

Comment

Thanks again. Yes, I had quite a lengthy discussion back last fall in an attempt to get a Rodgers organ through my 33 inch doorway. I made the template and had lots of others helping me. Alas, the organ was still too deep, even when stood on end. By the pics on the post, I think this one looks like it's not too deep.

I'll be in touch if I find out anything more.
          Craig

Comment

The Allen 301 in Jeffersonville is in a contemporary console with the tip back top. I measured it once, I don't remember if it was 30 or 32 deep (without pedals) but was surely small enough to go through my 32" door. This organ was bought by the church in 1980.
            city Hammond H-182 organ (2 ea),A100,10-82 TC, Wurlitzer 4500, Schober Recital Organ, Steinway 40" console , Sohmer 39" pianos, Ensoniq EPS, ; country Hammond H112

Comment

I believe the contemporary MOS console was around 31" deep. Ought to go through any standard door quite easily.
              John
              ----------
              *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Actually 31 1/2" per the MOS service manual. 46 1/2" high if it has a rolltop, 270 lbs.

td
                Servicing electronic organs since 1969.

Comment

The one I am looking at definitely has the tip-back top as the picture shows it in that position. The depth would be no problem at all. Thanks for this helpful info!

Originally posted by indianajo View Post
                  The Allen 301 in Jeffersonville is in a contemporary console with the tip back top. I measured it once, I don't remember if it was 30 or 32 deep (without pedals) but was surely small enough to go through my 32" door. This organ was bought by the church in 1980.
                  Craig

Comment

Originally posted by tucsondave View Post
                    Actually 31 1/2" per the MOS service manual. 46 1/2" high if it has a rolltop, 270 lbs.

td
                    This model doesn't have the roll top - it's the tilt back. Do you know how high and long it would be? I have to decide how I'm going to transport it. I know that I"ll end up putting it on its end to get it in, but I'm curious for the length.

BTW, someone else here on the forum told me that the organ is 30.5 inches deep. Which one is correct?

Thanks
                    Craig

Comment

Originally posted by musikfan View Post
                      BTW, someone else here on the forum told me that the organ is 30.5 inches deep. Which one is correct?
                      Go by the measurements Dave got for you from the Allen website (quoted below). They tend to be a bit more reliable than memory. According to his post, only the height changes--depending on the keyboard cover type (fold back vs. roll top).
                      Originally posted by tucsondave View Post
                      Michael

Comment

Working...
                      X