X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Manuals in Rodgers 520 Organ

Hi,
    I have a Rogers 520 organ and I wanted to know if I would be able to replace the manual keyboards with better ones. The ones it came with are cheap plastic keys. Is there a maintenance manual or some documentation that explains the process of doing that?

Also where would I be be able to get some decent manual keyboards to replace it with?

Thanks,
    Steven

Hi,

Having just serviced a Rodgers 520 and a 530, I kinda know what you mean. I believe the keyboards are manufactured by FATAR.

I wouldn't say they feel terrible, but they do have issues, such as keyboard contact strips and the tracker touch strips. If you have either of these problems, you can get replacement parts. The tracker touch part may cause a snap kind of sound, which I fix with a small felt strip.

I don't think you can get drop in replacement keyboards. And I don't think different keyboards, even by FATAR will even fit without a lot of work.

Generally, I have found that the pedalboard is of bigger concern than the keyboards. Problems such as bad switches, worn felts, bent and warped pedal sticks, etc.

If better keyboards are your concern, I would say, get a better organ, with better keyboards as standard issue.

Just remember, the 520 / 530 were basically low price budget organs, and so has a lot of cheap and poor quality parts in it.

AV

Comment

Working...
    X