X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker wire in Canada

Greetings,

Where do Canadian organ dealers and service techs buy their speaker wire from? Specifically I am looking for 16awg, 6 conductor or 16awg 8 conductor cable. I suppose 16/4 would also do in a pinch.

Thanks,

JV

Plenum rated, oxygen free 16/4 is avavable in 250 and 100 foot rolls at:

http://www.cablesonsale.ca/index.php...ire-250ft.html
    -----------------
    Johannus Opus 1100 (ca. 1990)

Comment

Make sure you don't order anything that will arrive Canada Post.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes View Post
        Make sure you don't order anything that will arrive Canada Post.
        As far as I am concerned I don't think these union employees realize how good they have it compared to the average Canadian. Yesterday I read that the CEO of Canada Posts salary is $500k a year with another $400k in bonuses and most senior management salaries are 6 figures. It's no wonder the cost of a postage stamp went from 60 some cents to a dollar a couple years ago. Maybe it's time these union employees are told to take a hike and mail gets sorted by our prison inmates. Once they spend their jail time sorting mail I bet most inmates won't end up in jail again.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops...I guess that's off topic to this forum. Sorry about that. Thanks to DrBen I was able to find what I need.

Comment

Originally posted by janvds View Post
          Where do Canadian organ dealers and service techs buy their speaker wire from? Specifically I am looking for 16awg, 6 conductor or 16awg 8 conductor cable. I suppose 16/4 would also do in a pinch.
          HV,

If it's for your Allen, I'd recommend no more than 2 pair per cable, and for longer runs, I use 14/2 or 14/4.

Michael
          Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
          • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
          • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
          • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Hi Michael,

Actually I have the Allen organ advertised in the Organ Forum Classifieds. It's perfect for a practice instrument but we decided to do some renovations to our home and we would rather find a new home for the organ as it's only going to be in our way.

JV

Comment

Working...
            X