This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnus Organs

I am not sure if this is permitted, if not, just let me know!

Hello Everyone,

I am very excited to announce that I am now selling Magnus Organs from Europe here in the United States!
    The consoles are very high quality, built from solid oak, and are built to order. They can be customized to your needs.
    Whether you are looking for a home or church instrument, we can offer high quality at a great price.
    Do you want a table type console with screens? No problem!
    Do you want a traditional yet compact console with wooden rocker tabs? No problem!
    Do you want a more substantial console with drawknobs? No problem!
    Do you want an organ with the incredible sound of Hauptwerk, but with the ease of use like a traditional organ? No problem!

We also produce beautiful pipe facades that offer great visual enhancement.
    So if you want an instrument that sounds, feels, and looks like a pipe organ but costs the same as a digital, look no further!

What ever you are looking for in an organ, we can help make it happen.
    Feel free to contact me with any questions. For more information and pictures, please visit www.facebook.com/magnusorgan.

Bryan C. Bierbaum
    OrganSound
    318-525-2694
    [email protected]
    Bryan
    =÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷=
    Magnus Europa, 4 manuals, 112 stops - church sanctuary
    Hauptwerk 3 manual, converted from Rodgers 330 - home
    Rodgers Allegiant 677- church chapel

Good to know, Bryan. Is there a website that gives details about these organs?
    John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Hi, Bryan.

Though I'm not a moderator, I don't see that anyone would object to this sort of posting. It is the sort of thing that forum members would have interest in.

If your company does not have a website, I'd strongly recommend you develop one. A facebook page is fine in its own right, but for a manufacturer a website provides a real sense of taking the business seriously.

I'd enjoy hearing more about your organs. I'm wondering, though, about the choice of Magnus for the organ name--they made very cheap, almost toy-like reed organs in the 1960's.

Toodles.

Comment

http://en.midi-organs.eu/index.php/s...rts-etc/magnus

Made in Poland! (According to the piano forums much of the European piano rebuilding is in Poland. Also, Schimmel owns a factory there.)

- - - Updated - - -

The website claims that it only takes a few moments for the organs to turn on. The "Virtuoso" system for pipe organs can take ninety seconds to boot.

- - - Updated - - -

And a better website:

http://www.magnus-organy.eu/

Comment

There is a website, which MarkS shared above, but I will re-post once a better and new website is up and running. It is about 95% finished, so it should be live very soon.
          Toodles...you are right about the name. That had crossed my mind as well. This company has been in business for several years now, so perhaps those little toy organs were not in Europe? But perhaps just seeing that name might grab someone's attention anyway...even if it is out of curiosity from remembering the little chord organs.

There is one already installed in a church in New York, with a second one coming up there in just a few short weeks, as well as a large 4 manual instrument with wooden keyboards and 92 stops here in Shreveport, LA.
          Bryan

Comment

An interesting video and the sound of the organ. It seems to lack the "alive" sound like so many of the other brands of digital organs.

Yes those little "toy" Magnus organs were not much back in the day.

James
            Baldwin Church Organ Model 48C
            Baldwin Spinet 58R
            Lowrey Spinet SCL
            Wurlitzer 4100A
            Crown Pump Organ by Geo. P. Bent, Chicago, Illinois

Organs I hope to obtain in the future:

Conn Tube Minuet or Caprice even a transistor Caprice with the color coded tabs
            Gulbransen H3 or G3, or V.
            Wurlitzer 44, 4410, 4420, ES Reed Models, 4300, 4500, Transistor Models

Comment

Those little Magnus chord organs certainly were on sale over here, mainly through Woolworths!

I assume that, if the makers of those chord organs had that name as a registered trade mark, the current users of the name bought it from them!

As for allowing what is basically advertising, I tend to agree with toodles, in that it is something that is interesting to a section of our members but it's near to the mark of what is allowable on the forum. Admin would have the final say on such things so I'll defer to his decisions, if any are required.
              It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
              Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
              Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
              Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

The Magnus Organ trademark is dead per the US Patent & Trademark office. There are many other trademarks with the word Magnus and with the organ trademark being dead, it's unlikely that this use of Magnus would run into any problems. Consult your local intellectual property (IP) attorney if you have real questions.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to post that the new website is up and running!
                  www.magnusorgan.com

Thanks for looking!
                  Bryan

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was fascinated by the online configurator for residence-type instruments where you don't need a big console. You can build up an instrument step-by-step and see both a visual image of the choice and also how your choice affects the price in $. The numbers seem reasonable to me. I didn't see an option for a crescendo pedal.

Since it uses Hauptwerk software and Sonus Paradisi sample sets, the tone generation system is already familiar to people who have worked with virtual pipe organs.

One gotcha could be the shipping charges from Poland. Is there an estimator for that?
                    Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand. Allen RMWTHEA.3 with RMI Electra-Piano; Allen 423-C+Gyro; Britson Opus OEM38; Steinway AR Duo-Art 7' grand piano, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI; Hammond 9812H with roll player; Roland E-200; Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico grand piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with MIDI, Allen MADC-2110.

Comment

Hi Larry,
                      Thanks for your observations and comments!
                      A crescendo pedal would be the same as another swell pedal...they can all be configured to function however you want them with each sample set.
                      As for shipping, it can vary some, but can be very reasonable...especially if we have more than one order being crated and shipped at once.

Bryan
                      Bryan

Comment

Working...
                      X