Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allen Organ Grille Cloth

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Allen Organ Grille Cloth

    Does anyone know who manufacturers the gold/brown grille cloth for Allen? I need several yards for a project and would prefer to purchase from a retail source. Thanks, Allen

  • #2
    Originally posted by Moller Artiste View Post
    Does anyone know who manufacturers the gold/brown grille cloth for Allen? I need several yards for a project and would prefer to purchase from a retail source. Thanks, Allen
    Allen,

    View this thread: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post160841. The link is outdated, but I believe the vendor still has various types and styles of grille cloth.

    Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by myorgan View Post
      Allen,

      View this thread: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post160841. The link is outdated, but I believe the vendor still has various types and styles of grille cloth.

      Michael

      Thanks, Michael. I will check out the site. Allen

      Comment


      • #4
        Take a look at this: http://www.mojotone.com/Cabinets_x/G...ill-Cloth-33-W

        It's very similar to Allen's, but also has a gold thread running through it, adding a subtle sparkle. This is the closest that I've found without doing a really exhaustive search.

        This company has other styles of grille cloth available. Klann Organ Supply provides Melotone grille cloth which is useful if you need a really wide cloth--good for covering organ chamber openings.

        Parts Express has some offerings, too, but I find them expensive for this sort of thing.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by toodles View Post
          Take a look at this: http://www.mojotone.com/Cabinets_x/G...ill-Cloth-33-W

          It's very similar to Allen's, but also has a gold thread running through it, adding a subtle sparkle. This is the closest that I've found without doing a really exhaustive search.

          This company has other styles of grille cloth available. Klann Organ Supply provides Melotone grille cloth which is useful if you need a really wide cloth--good for covering organ chamber openings.

          Parts Express has some offerings, too, but I find them expensive for this sort of thing.
          Toodles, thanks for the link. This looks very similar to the Allen grille cloth. Allen

          Comment


          • #6
            I bought some of the item in the 1st link a while ago, and it was a very good match to the Allen except for the gold thread--not that I find the gold thread objectionable, it looks fine.

            I am sure that Allen does not weave their own grille cloth, despite their tendency to build their own even when it is commercially available, so somewhere there is a cloth manufacture that weaves what Allen uses. It might even be a proprietary variation of a commercial product.

            Comment

            Working...
            X