This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahlborn Galanti Chroniclear Series Question on Disks

A friend's church has this particular organ. He was looking for extra floppy disks for pre-recording the organ.
    I gave him a handful of new floppy disks, but he said they were unable to use them. There was a corrupted data prompt.
    I told them that on many organs it's necessary to FORMAT the disk before use.
    Does anyone know if this is necessary on the Galanti? And how is it done?
    Thanks
    Bill

Hi,

The Ahlborn-Galanti Chronicler series organs date back to 1992. So this pre-dates the double sided / high density discs that were the standard in the mid to late 90s.

Anyways, what to do. Follow the steps here.

1) hold the disc, like you would if inserting the disc into the drive.
    2) in the lower right hand corner, you will see a little window
    3) put a piece of scotch tape over the window ( I wrap the tape around so it covers both sides of the window)
    4) this should work, if not format the disc.

Hopefully you have the users manual for the operation of the disc drive, and the Interactive Programmer.
    Just one thing to mention. The functions that are available (sequencing, voicing, combinations), are not done in MIDI, but some proprietary GeneralMusic format.
    The organ does have Midi in and out, but it is rather basic.

One other thing, there is a battery in the organ (mounted on the CPU). If the battery has not been changed in the past 10 or more year, it should be done. These batteries have a habit of going leaky over time, and has ruined many an organ.

AV

Comment

Originally posted by arie v View Post
      Hi,3) put a piece of scotch tape over the window ( I wrap the tape around so it covers both sides of the window)4) this should work, if not format the disc.AV
      I remember those days! I don't think I've used a floppy disk in 12 years though LOL
      Allen MOS 1105 (1982)
      Allen ADC 5000 (1985) w/ MDS Expander II (drawer unit)
      Henry Reinich Pipe 2m/29ranks (1908)

Comment

Working...
      X