This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers Alexandria 820 Music Rack Bulbs

G'day. I have an 820 in my house and almost all of the music rack lamps have burned out. I contacted 1000bulbs.com with the model, serial, and ROC part number and they couldn't cross-reference or find anything. I need around 25 of the bulbs. They have a GU5.3 base, incandescent, round globe, 12V, ROC Part 1460-010. Organ specifics are Model 820, Serial 81216.

As far as I know and from what I understand the bulbs are only available through Rodgers and their dealerships. The bulbs are unique and not available aftermarket to my knowledge but maybe somebody else on this forum knows differently.

Comment

Hi,

Is this an analog organ from the 80s?

If so, is uses # 19 bulbs. Last batch I got was from Amazon..

The wiring for these bulbs is that they are wired in pairs in series. If you have a bulb that is burned out, it will make it so the other bulb won't light up either.

These bulbs are getting harder and harder to find from the usual sources.

Sleuthing on the internet should get you some.

AV
      Last edited by arie v; 08-21-2017, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Definitely a No. 19 bulb. As Arie mentioned they've become a little hard to find, and often it's hard to search for them because the part number is so short. The size is G-3-1/2 and it is a 14V bulb, but is running on 12V to increase the life. This bulb is also sometimes used in the expression circuit of Rodgers organs, so it is worth having some spares on hand.

See: https://www.amazon.com/19-Miniature-...+bulb+G3-1%2F2

and

https://www.elliottelectronicsupply....-900-2592.html

Comment

Why not replace them with LEDs? I used a generic warm white LED strip, 5mm under 12V and it works splendidly!

Comment

Personally, I don't care for LED lamps. But this is just a personal preference based on the appearance of the light. LED's are fine for this purpose, but you have to work out the voltages, etc.

Comment

Thanks for this info. I just ordered two 10-packs for my 830 from Amazon. BTW, there is a seller on Amazon who provides free shipping.

Comment

Working...
              X