This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content Compact 224

Anyone know about this new model from Content? I don't see how that stand can support two manuals, unless combined they don't weigh more than two stacked CASIO keyboards (I did that as a kid with two MIDI keyboards...)
    I'm also wondering then, if the tone generation is just a single chip like the Roland SSC chip?
    Allen MOS 1105 (1982)
    Allen ADC 5000 (1985) w/ MDS Expander II (drawer unit)
    Henry Reinich Pipe 2m/29ranks (1908)

Although I've no first hand experience with Content, I highly doubt that they would be using Roland SSC technology.

Comment

I didn't mean using Roland tech, I'm just wondering if it is a single chip SIMILAR to Roland SSC
      Allen MOS 1105 (1982)

Comment

Interesting concept especially for those with limited space. I do hope their samples are better than their previous organs which were rather lackluster. Personally, I would not buy an organ that offered only one 16' flue in the pedal.

Comment

I don't mind only one 16' flute when learning a new piece. Then use the correct registration.

This one has a 16' flute and 16' reed, surprisingly. Wouldn't expect that with only 24 stops.

Got the price... $6995 for console/key desk, $1295 for pedalboard, $595 for bench. For a portable turn-key instrument, does this seem like a decent price?
          Allen MOS 1105 (1982)

Comment

Offer an AGO pedal board and a package price somewhat under $9k and this may be a viable option for students and others with limited budget and space.

So far as I know, these are not available in the US.

Comment

I saw it through Verdin's facebook page, so I'm assuming it is available in the US.
              Allen MOS 1105 (1982)

Comment

The congregation I began playing for had inadequate instruments, knew it, and wanted to buy a new digital organ. On my recommendation they bought a Content Mondri 256. I myself asked the Content US seller about the Compact 224 and indeed, it can be had with an AGO pedalboard and an adjustable bench for the price mentioned in a previous post. So, it is indeed available in the disunited states.

Comment

Working...
                X