This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Organ ADC-8000-DK

I need some help on pricing an allen organ for sale. I have been asked by a church in Las Vegas to sell an Allen ADC-8000-DK. It has a bench, console, 4 amp racks,and 30 tone cabinets. It has a light oak cabinet. Total it weight is aprox 3640 lbs.Serial number is 49506 if that helps with age because I don't how old it is. I have a picture of it and it looks pretty big. If someone could help me arrive at a reasonable price I would appreciate it. I seen one on a wholsale sight for $27000.00 Sounds like a lot but I know nothing about organs . Just trying to help a church sell it.

Re: Allen Organ ADC-8000-DK

The Allen ADC is an older series. A Theatre ADC 6500-EX with new speakers out here in Ca. recently sold for around $15,000.00.</P>

How difficult to remove console, racks, speakers? A picture would be helpful. My email: aljco(at)pacbell(dot)net.</P>

Regards,</P>

Al Johnson</P>

Comment

I sent you a picture in the e-mail. The organ and all the components are removed already. I just got this info.It will accept a midi but doesn't come with one. Three of the speakers have damaged cones but that many churcheswon't play more than 17at a time- 13 speakers plus 4 antiphons. It is capable of playing two sets of 13 plus 4 antiphons thus 30 speakers. If I needed to sell fast what would be a fair price .? Buyer would be responsible for packing and shipping. I don't want to try and put anyone on a spot I just haven't sold any organs before and need a little help. By reading the forum I have come to the conclusion that the dealers over price and I don't want to do that. This is a niece organ that ought to be in somebodys church. Thanks for any help you can give. Is this forum a good place to try to sell this type of organ. Richard becker

Comment

Dear Richard,</P>

I know of a local church that paid almost $100,000 for a custom-installation of one of these in the mid 1980's. However, it will be expensive to move and reinstall and this does have a negative impact on the value. I would guesstimate that a good current price for what you are describing would be around $15,000 to $20,000.</P>

Good luck to you, the church, and the buyer!</P>

[;)]</P>

Comment

Hi Richard</P>

Email didnt come through. Be sure subject line has something otherwise treated as spam. A lot depends on the condition and time. There are several listings thatinclude higher end instruments. I will email once I get yours. Let's look at what you have. How many amps? List what model speaker, and quantity. How quickly do they want to sell?Do you have a stop list? Why was it removed?</P>

Regards,</P>

Al</P>

Comment

I resent the e-mail. The owner says all the keys and keyboards are fine, It can accept a midi but doesn't come with one.It comes with 30 speakers. Two sets of 13 speakers and 4 antiphones 26+4= 30 speakers. He said they weigh 80 lbs apiece. I don't have a model for the speakers at this time or the number of stops. It comes with a console ,3 manual, 32 petals,bench, 4 amp racks, and 30 tone cabinets. weighs aprox 3640lbs.Three of the speakers have damage to the cones. It was removed from a second church they had. I don't know the reason they closed it. The organ is in Las Vegas. I would assume there would be some cost for professional installation. Any quesss as that cost? I don't think they have to sell in a great hurry but I would like to price fairly for buyer and seller.I think they would like to get it out of there storage.My e-mail address is [email protected]. Thanks again. I will try and place a picture of the organ in this post.

Comment

[quote user="richard5"]I need some help on pricing an allen organ for sale. I have been asked by a church in Las Vegas to sell an Allen ADC-8000-DK. It has a bench, console, 4 amp racks,and 30 tone cabinets. It has a light oak cabinet. Total it weight is aprox 3640 lbs.Serial number is 49506 if that helps with age because I don't how old it is. I have a picture of it and it looks pretty big. If someone could help me arrive at a reasonable price I would appreciate it. I seen one on a wholsale sight for $27000.00 Sounds like a lot but I know nothing about organs . Just trying to help a church sell it.[/quote]</P>

I would have to agree with MenchenStimme, sort of. Not too long ago an ADC-8350A went for less than $15,000. THAT model has MIDI, while the 8000 does not. If you ask an Allen dealer you will get a ridiculously high estimate, unless you trade it in. THEN you will find out how little it's worth. </P>

Keep in mind the following:</P>

TheAllen generations after ADC were: MDS, Renaissance, Quantum.The ADC-8000 is at least 25 years old.Allen didn't start using long word samples until the MDS series. By that I mean ADC, and earlier, used single cycle waves that were derived from analyzing piperecordings.Some big ADC models also had extra electronic, or synthesized,attack sounds to further enhance the realism. </P>

With that in mind, the ADC series is incredibly primitive compared to today's technology. On the other hand, the big models like yours do sound pretty good, and it is a drawknob model.</P>

Bill</P>

Comment

Thanks everybody for your input on pricing my organ. I placed an add and have had a call on it. A church in Ohio that burned down christmas eve.I will give them a very good deal if they want the organ. If not you will see it in the want adds. Thanks again Richard

Comment

Working...
                X