This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen organ question

Can anyone say whether or not an Allen Quantum can be wired inside so that the GT/PD divisions are always unenclosed, with the tab engaging that facility being left looking like it is not selected, yet the function being ever-present? Having the great and pedal under expression is extremely odd to me, and useless, and having to push that tab every single time I play a piece is annoying. Of course, I want to preserve the facility for the Choir.

Opinions/insights will be very much appreciated! Apologies in advance if this is a silly question.

Thanks
    Personal organs - (1) - Allen custom Heritage III 58-Q (Q345) with Allen Ensemble; (2) - Allen MDS 40S with MDS Expander

Church organs - (1) - Allen MDS 70-S-D (Deluxe); (2) - Allen ADC 220 (office organ)

You could always short the stop switch to turn the tab always on. If you want to be able to still select having the divisions enclosed, you could use a mechanical switch (probably a miniature toggle switch) hidden under the console desk to short/unshort the tab contacts.

This would not work, of course, on a lighted tab version of the organ, but I think all Quantum models have moving stops.

Comment

Working...
    X