X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geoelectro
    replied
    Thanks a lot, that gives me some good insight. If it happens, I'll let you know!

Geo

Leave a comment:

• skinnerfan1
    replied
    That is a Wicks classic 3. It is a low pressure open toe instrument

I just purchased a Wicks five rank organ of the same vintage for around $1,000.00

Hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• davidecasteel
    replied
    I don't know. A while back for full-sized organs the going rule of thumb was about $25,000/rank--top-ranked builders wanted $35,000/rank. For a stripped-down model like that (no fancy case) I'd think a lot less would be appropriate, and, of course, it's not new. Would an offer of $10,000 seem reasonable?

David

Leave a comment:

• geoelectro
    replied
    Thanks, great info. So is value in the eye of the beholder? Whatever agreed price can be agreed upon? Any ideas on what I might offer, without offending?

Geo

Leave a comment:

• voet
    replied
    I think a fair number of pipe organ builders built similar instruments. My college had Schlickers of similar design. The only thing is that Schlicker used rocker tabs and probably would not have used a string stop on its two or three rank practice instruments at least in that "back to the baroque" era.

Leave a comment:

• toodles
    replied
    Felted caps are also used on metal gedackts. The choice of color of the felt is whatever the builder or customer wants.

Leave a comment:

• organman95
    replied
    Originally posted by Pipeorganbuilder View Post
    That "red band" is felt on the cap. The cap moves up and down on the pipe to tune it. This is a standard design for Rohrflutes.

I say that it was built by Wicks also. There are two instruments very much like this in practice rooms at a local college.

Michael
    Good to know, learn something new every day. I've only ever seen it on Reuter though. Thanks, Michael.

Leave a comment:

• Pipeorganbuilder
    replied
    That "red band" is felt on the cap. The cap moves up and down on the pipe to tune it. This is a standard design for Rohrflutes.

I say that it was built by Wicks also. There are two instruments very much like this in practice rooms at a local college.

Michael

Leave a comment:

• organman95
    replied
    Originally posted by Larrytow View Post
    Geo,

It's pretty hard to tell what builder may have made that one from just that photo. It looks like 3 ranks altogether : a string, a stopped flute or koppel flute, and a bass octave of wood pipes that is likely the bass notes for all the ranks. There does not seem to be a 16' octave there. I'll bet that the blower and reservoir / regulator is in the bottom below the windchest, so it is self contained.

The keydesk has some elements of a Holtkamp console, but I doubt it is one. There looks to be an ID plate on the stopjamb, and that might say who built it. Might be a Wicks though, as they made many small instruments.

It looks in great condition, pipework particularly.

Yes, I'd say you need to have it !
    I'd say Wicks, as I've seen that design. However, the red "band" or whatever that is on the pipes, is more of a Rueter design, if I'm not mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• Larrytow
    replied
    Geo,

It's pretty hard to tell what builder may have made that one from just that photo. It looks like 3 ranks altogether : a string, a stopped flute or koppel flute, and a bass octave of wood pipes that is likely the bass notes for all the ranks. There does not seem to be a 16' octave there. I'll bet that the blower and reservoir / regulator is in the bottom below the windchest, so it is self contained.

The keydesk has some elements of a Holtkamp console, but I doubt it is one. There looks to be an ID plate on the stopjamb, and that might say who built it. Might be a Wicks though, as they made many small instruments.

It looks in great condition, pipework particularly.

Yes, I'd say you need to have it !

Leave a comment:

• geoelectro
    started a topic Small pipe organ

Small pipe organ

I wonder if anyone here knows what kind of organ this is? I took this picture several years ago in a church that also had a Hammond model A. While servicing the Hammond I noticed the pipe organ and took this picture. I may have a chance to acquire it as it seems they don’t use it and are wanting to reclaim the space. I’m interested in getting it if it doesn’t cost too much. I realize it’s a very small spec but it’s a lovely piece that would be fun to restore and display. Any info on what it is and perhaps what it’s worth would be greatly appreciated.

Geo
    Attached Files
Working...
X