Forum Top Banner Ad

Collapse

Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Allen ADC series organs had built-n speakers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Allen ADC series organs had built-n speakers?

I'd like to get an idea which Allen ADC series organs had built-in speakers(self contained audio)? I know some ADC organs had the "blind" capture system,..not really what I would want,..but could live with if price was right! How did they sound,etc? I read on another thread that the MDC series organs should be avoided as they don't have much to offer in terms of couplers,etc.
    Last edited by Dewey643; 05-04-2018, 04:36 AM. Reason: Add comment
    Late 1980's Rodgers Essex 640

The one's that come to mind are 220/221/222, 420, 520, 720
    Allen MOS 1105 (1982)
    Allen ADC 5000 (1985) w/ MDS Expander II (drawer unit)
    Henry Reinich Pipe 2m/29ranks (1908)

Comment

The ADC-1100 through ADC-3160 properly considered MADC models had, through increasing model numbers, self-contained speakers, divided expression, full capture combination action, crescendo pedal, tutti pistons, and external speakers. Here's a run down of the models with self contained speakers (in addition to the 3-digit models organman95 mentioned):

MADC-2 Models

ADC-1100: self-contained speakers, blind programmable pistons, presence projector speakers on stop board
      ADC-1110: as above but double memory capture moving combination action

MADC-3 Models
      Slightly different stop list including: Quintaten 16 on Swell, duplexed to Pedal and Great (this replaced the Lieblich Gedackt 16 on MADC-2 models, which was in the Swell division, but only available as duplexed stops on the Pedal and Great); Mixture III on Swell (replaced Sifflote 1 on Swell); adds Romantic Tuning (normally off on original MADC-3 models, normally on on A revision models). Note that with these models presence projectors were no longer provided internal to the organ.

ADC-1130: Self-contained, blind programmable presets, single expression.
      ADC-1140: Same as ADC-1130 but with dual memory moving combination action with 7 general pistons only.
      ADC-1160: Same as ADC-1140, but double memory moving combination action with divisional and general pistons (6 and 10 respectively).

Of these, obviously the ADC-1160 or 1160A would be the most organ in this package.

Comment

How about standard ADC organs?

My ADC-4500 has internal speakers. It also has the double memory capture moving combination action.
        The following probably have internal speakers, though I don't know for sure.
        ADC-4600
        ADC-3500
        ADC-1000
        ADC-1010
        Sam
        Home: Allen ADC-4500 Church: Allen MDS-5
        Files: Allen Tone Card (TC) Database, TC Info, TC Converter, TC Mixer, ADC TC SF2, and MOS TC SF2, ADC TC Cad/Rvt, MOS TC Cad/Rvt, Organ Database, Music Library, etc. PM for unlinked files.

Comment

ADC-1110 - Very nice little organ with internal speakers.
          The one I know of has a card reader.

Comment

Originally posted by samibe View Post
            How about standard ADC organs?

My ADC-4500 has internal speakers. It also has the double memory capture moving combination action.
            The following probably have internal speakers, though I don't know for sure.
            ADC-4600
            ADC-3500
            ADC-1000
            ADC-1010
            The first two you list are theatre organs, and since this was posted in the "Classical & Church Electronic Organs" sections, I was considering the classical models only. As to the ADC-1000 and 1010, I don't have the tech info on those models.

Personally, I don't consider the theatre models as suitable for classical music, even if they have classical second voicing--the lack of classical trems on the ADC and early MDS models makes them a bit crippled for classical work. Theatre trems just don't cut it for classical work.

Comment

Originally posted by toodles View Post
              The ADC-1100 through ADC-3160 properly considered MADC models had, through increasing model numbers, self-contained speakers, divided expression, full capture combination action, crescendo pedal, tutti pistons, and external speakers. Here's a run down of the models with self contained speakers (in addition to the 3-digit models organman95 mentioned):

MADC-2 Models

ADC-1100: self-contained speakers, blind programmable pistons, presence projector speakers on stop board

MADC-3 Models
              Slightly different stop list including: Quintaten 16 on Swell, duplexed to Pedal and Great (this replaced the Lieblich Gedackt 16 on MADC-2 models, which was in the Swell division, but only available as duplexed stops on the Pedal and Great); Mixture III on Swell (replaced Sifflote 1 on Swell); adds Romantic Tuning (normally off on original MADC-3 models, normally on on A revision models). Note that with these models presence projectors were no longer provided internal to the organ.

ADC-1140: Same as ADC-1130 but with dual memory moving combination action with 7 general pistons only.
              ADC-1160: Same as ADC-1140, but double memory moving combination action with divisional and general pistons (6 and 10 respectively).

Of these, obviously the ADC-1160 or 1160A would be the most organ in this package.
              ADC-1140 would have my vote since it has moving capture/combination action,..I wouldn't want the blind capture system! ADC-1110 would also work. Think I'll focus on the ADC series organs,..the ones you mention will be good candidates. I'm in no rush,..but NOW I know what I have in mind. I have read on here the ADC models(probably certain ones) sound really good!
              Late 1980's Rodgers Essex 640

Comment

Don't discount the ADC-1160 or ADC-1160A--same as the 1140 but with more pistons.

Comment

Originally posted by toodles View Post

MADC-2 Models

MADC-3 Models

Had not seen an 1100 series instrument, didn't know those have self-contained audio. Good to know :)
                  Allen MOS 1105 (1982)
                  Allen ADC 5000 (1985) w/ MDS Expander II (drawer unit)
                  Henry Reinich Pipe 2m/29ranks (1908)

Comment

Working...
                  X