X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wunderman
    replied
    Originally posted by radagast View Post

There are several videos out on YouTube you can check out.
    Yes I watched the videos thanks. I actually hired one recently, it was good to play it in person.

Leave a comment:

• radagast
    replied
    Originally posted by wunderman View Post
    Just spotted this new Viscount online. Anyone heard it? I'm really interested.
    There are several videos out on YouTube you can check out.

Leave a comment:

• wunderman
    replied
    Just spotted this new Viscount online. Anyone heard it? I'm really interested.

Leave a comment:

• pbmusician
    replied
    Viscount cantorum duo

Originally posted by organman95 View Post
    I'm interested in it myself. Maybe something for home...

Leave a comment:

• organman95
    replied
    I'm interested in it myself. Maybe something for home...

Leave a comment:

• jbird604
    replied
    Downloaded the "brochure" -- turns out to be a 166 page owner's guide! In three languages, so not all of it readable for me, but still...

Takeaway -- for less than the cost of medium-level repairs to an old MOS organ, or a Rodgers Cheetah, or any number of old organs with good consoles but dated sound, you can slide in a brand new state of the art complete two-manual organ! And you don't have to learn Hauptwerk or other steep-learning-curve computer software, you don't have to wire up key switches to encoders, no fussing with interfacing stops to a computer, or settling for a touch screen.

Using an inexpensive MIDI encoder from a third party, one can MIDI up the existing pedalboard (very easy with the Allen and Rodgers reed switch assemblies), or presumably buy a ready-made MIDI pedalboard. Should be easy to tie the Cantorum audio into the existing amps and speakers of most any electronic organ. It's not even hard to conceive of using the expression pedal or pedals that are already in an old console to control the volume, if you have general knowledge of audio circuits and some technical skill.

Some interesting features, such as the ability to assign different divisions among the four audio outputs. A flexible multi-band equalizer. Four "suites" of stops.

Other than being somewhat barebones with the stoplist and only six general pistons, it's got about everything you get on a mid-line new organ from a major builder.

And priced at about 3000 Euros? I'll take a half dozen!

Could open up a whole new marketing possibility. Churches that will never spend even $25K on the tiniest, cheapest, flimsiest new organ from a major brand might upgrade their existing organ, even if it's an old worn-out Conn or Baldwin or whatever, for a fraction of the cost of a new organ.

---------------MORE FROM THE BROCHURE---------------

Built-in sequencer, stores infinite number of songs on USB drives. Stores unlimited sets of piston combinations on USB drives. More alternative temperaments than any other instrument I've seen. You can apparently configure just about every aspect of everything to make this organ work just like you want it to work.

There is even an input jack for a CRESCENDO pedal! This could be the basis for a pretty darn elaborate organ.

What did they NOT think of?
    Last edited by jbird604; 08-17-2018, 07:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nullogik
    replied
    Originally posted by Casavant Fan View Post
    It would be nice if a pedalboard option were available, similar to what Content offers.

Leave a comment:

• Leisesturm
    replied
    Originally posted by Casavant Fan View Post
    It would be nice if a pedalboard option were available, similar to what Content offers.
    There are a bazillion pedalboards on their website and they say they fit 'any' organ. Maybe except the Cantorum, and maybe not, but I'm betting maybe yes. Probably not the 32' concave radiating model though.

Leave a comment:

• Casavant Fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Viscount Cantorum Duo - portable TWO manual classical organ

Might be interesting. I'd like to play one and hear what it sounds like.

http://www.viscountinstruments.com/cantorum-duo.html
Working...
X