Allen 603-D Organ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen 603-D Organ

Last edited by Paula Anna; 08-25-2018, 05:06 AM.

Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

Is it possible there are two channels with 3 speakers used per channel?
      Viscount C400 3-manual
      8 channels + 2 reverb channels (w/ Lexicon MX200)
      Klipsch RSX-3 speakers and Klipsch Ultra 5.1 subwoofers

Comment

MOS I and MOS 2 Allens have two channels per computer. So my MOS 2 Allen 965 had six channels (3 computers), plus an additional two channels for reverb. If I'm not mistaken, the 603 had two computers for a doubled organ configuration. That would account for 4 channels, and if equipped with a reverb unit, 6.

Due to impedence matching issues on MOS 1 instruments and their expression implementation, reducing the number of channels by mixing might not be so straight forward. I'm sure jbird will have some helpful advice.
        -Admin

Allen 965
        Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
        Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
        Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

I can't help wit the random motion generator, but can share this: We just installed a 603 a few months ago. It has 2 computers and 4 channels out which drive four amps in a rack and thus 4 speakers. You could get a cheap stereo audio mixer and take the outputs that normally go into the amps and put them into the mixer: 2 channels into Left and 2 in to Right. The output of the mixer could then go to any 2 channel sound system.
          If you don't get enough gain you may have to use the Mic inputs on the mixer and adjust the trim controls to keep from overdriving the mixer. Also good results have been had with the impedance adapters, from Harrison Labs out in Colorado, between the organ audio and the mixer.
          Anyone feel free to correct me on any of this.
          Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

Working...
          X