This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers P16 subwoofers

I recently acquired 2 P16 subwoofers from a church. My nose noticed that one of the cabinets had a rodent urine smell. I believe the speakers are fine. These cabinets are sealed with a round opening near the speakers. How do I go about replacing the "white stuffing" in the cabinet?

Rodgers probably used Dacron batting for their dampening material. Your local fabric store or hobby shop should have it, as it is used for filling stuffed animals and pillows.

You should use the same amount, by weight, as Rodgers used and fluff it out. The dried mouse urine, by weight, is probably not heavy enough to matter.

Comment

Thinking about it, a ported sub makes a great mouse house! Enclosed and cozy, entry/exit tunnel, nice bedding. As long as there's no audio passing though!

Comment

The post openings can be screened to limit mouse incursion, but the screening should not limit air flow--hardware cloth or fan covers are probably OK.

Comment

Originally posted by toodles View Post
          The post openings can be screened to limit mouse incursion, but the screening should not limit air flow--hardware cloth or fan covers are probably OK.
          Correction: That should read "port" openings, not post.

Comment

Working...
          X