This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popping and cracking

My church's Allen Renaissance R350 organ, which was cured of a rogue fifteenth recently, has now begun cracking and popping through the speakers (or maybe A speaker). The sounds are very loud, obviously unmusical, and seemingly random. They happen only with larger registrations, but I haven't been able to isolate anything yet. Of course they're random, unreproducible and transient, so I can't call someone in to listen, because they're unpredictable. Suggestions?

Are reverb or vibrato involved?

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Check connections on all speakers and audio signals. Might even be an internal or crossover connection.

Larger registrations suggest the vibration of the speaker cabinet might cause the problem; could also be a digital to analog conversion issue, but that would be within the digital realm and require a technician.

Comment

We suspect a voltage drop in the 5 V power supply. If the P.S. has an adjustment screw, crank it up to about 5.1 or 5.2, it might solve your problem.

Comment

No vibrato; reverb is set for "cathedral."

- - - Updated - - -

Good advice. I'll start checking.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen the power supply mentioned in response to similar questions, but never an actual suggestion for adjustment. I'll check it out. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X